20 Most Recent
- Page 9 Questions & Answers
How to scan negatives?
You will need to check your Canon software that came with your Pixma MX310. I have a stand alone Canon Canoscan 8800F scanner that have the capability to scan 35mm film strip and 35mm mounted slide, the software included the feature for it.
on Nov 22, 2013
5100 check printer
Hello, your error is:
Carriage error 
An error occurred in the carriage
You need to disassemble the printer and check
- Carriage unit - check for any jam.
- Timing slit film - there should be some gresse on the film.
- Logic board - only if you are a service tech.
- Carriage motor - only if you are a service tech.
on Nov 03, 2013
MX310 error code U163
Can you tell me, have you replaced the empty tank with a full one? And, have you manually reset the ink level function by pressing Stop/Reset for a full 6 seconds (one second longer than described in your manual?)
If you have, and you still see the ink cartridge light flashing, does it flash every second or every three seconds?
The contacts for the ink cartridge are easy to contaminate by accident. Sometimes wiping the contacts off with alcohol will clean them enough for the ink level to be recognized.
Now, and yes, this is a common problem. Press and Hold the Stop/Reset button for 6 full seconds again after cleaning the contacts and then release it? Use the one Mississippi method of counting.
The Scan cover must be closed completely and locked in place. And the ink cartridge must be firmly locked in place as well.
Please advise me of your results. There may be a more complex problem involved and it is important to have the necessary data in order to get you back to working again. Okay?
How long has it been since you purchased this printer?
on Sep 24, 2013
I have canon pixma 310
Good Day Sandip920!
Error U163 means, the printer detected that your black ink cartridge has been refilled with new ink.
It is very easy to clear this error and keep your printer printing.
1. Turn on your printer.
2. When error U163 appears, press and hold the STOP/RESET buton on the printer. Hold it down until the printer self restart and initialize.
3. if after U163 is cleared off and appear another error, U162, press and hold again the STOP/RESET button and wait till printer self restart and initialize again.
Hope this helps!
Don't forget to rate my answer.
Thanks for asking Fixya.
on Sep 16, 2013
Not finding what you are looking for?