20 Most Recent Panasonic NN-P295SF Microwave Oven Questions & Answers


Call Panasonic (905) 624-5010.

Panasonic... | Answered on Jun 13, 2014


There is a 125V, 20 AMP line fuse inside the microwave. Its usually mounted on a small input line filter board at the point where the power cord enters the back of the unit. You will need to UNPLUG the microwave oven and remove the exterior case to access. The case comes off in various ways depending on manufacture and model. Searspartsdirect.com has some excellent exploded view parts illstrations you can use to assist you in component location and assembly.

If the model number is correct, the fuse is listed as item 55 in this parts illustration:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/showSubComp.pd?imageUrl=http%3a%2f%2fc.searspartsdirect.com%2flis_png%2fPLDM%2f50029794-00001.png

There are also a couple of thermal cut-outs listed as items 51 and 52. These can affect the operation of the oven as well, but usually are related to overheating something in the oven cavity. If you haven't overheated the oven cavity recently, its probably the line fuse. (Popcorn and Potatoes are notorious for causing overheat problems).


You can purchase repacement fuses for appliances at any hardware store. Just make sure the rating is the same as manufacturer installed fuse. You need to purchase a 125V, 20AMP, slow blow for best results.

To answer your question about the fuse blowing when the unit is not in use...Yes, this does occur. You may have experienced a minor power fluctuation such as a brown out over the night that could have caused the fuse to blow. Some components are more sensistive to variations in current than others.

Another possibility that I have to mention is roaches. This does not in any way insinuate you live in filthy conditons, or have an infestation. I just need to mention that insects (such as roaches) are attracted to electronics. Especially, where there may be food. Since their body composition is mostly made up of water, if they crawl across an electrical component, they could cause a short circuit and blow a fuse.

If you have any questions, or need assistance troubleshooting, please post back and let me know. I hope you find this information helpful.

NOTE: Make sure you take any resistance readings with the microwave UNPLUGGED and the component under test isolated (removed) from the circuit.

Panasonic... | Answered on May 01, 2013


If there is spark please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now switch the microwave power on and use a cup of water to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. Replace with same type. If not check the waveguides within the cabin for food particles that can burn and spark, check for rust that can corrode and spark when the ceramic paint has worn out.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely

Click on replacing waveguides: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html

Panasonic... | Answered on Feb 01, 2013


You'll need to remove the outer cover to get to the door open button or door lever, either of which can cause this problem.

The service manual is here.

You can order Panasonic parts from Encompass here or you can call them toll-free at 866-779-5835.


We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Panasonic... | Answered on Jan 17, 2013


We see (and repair) this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide by mail for $39.95 postpaid in about a week or so.

At our Web site, you can get details of our service, plus we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.

This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.

The lights can can be inoperable or stuck on or stuck in "night light" mode. Sometimes this will similarly affect the fan operation or inside light, too.

Feel free to contact me directly (and please remind me of your full model number from the tag on the unit) for more information & help.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller, AS-EET
prototech@usa.net
http://www.microwavedisplay.com
Microwave Oven Control Panel Repair Nationwide

Panasonic... | Answered on Jan 10, 2013

Not finding what you are looking for?
Panasonic NN-P295SF Microwave Oven Logo

99 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Panasonic Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9156 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1691 Answers

Steve Allison
Steve Allison

Level 3 Expert

5569 Answers

Are you a Panasonic Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

Panasonic Microwave Ovens

  • Panasonic Microwave Ovens

Most Popular Question

panasonic microwave stops shortly after

  • Microwave Ovens
Loading...