20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Dead Board on Amana PTC153A50AD
Before the replacement of board please check the fallowing:
- Check for loose terminals and re tight.
- Check compressor terminal post if terminal clips are tight.
- Check compressor resistance and terminal to ground resistance. And check your compressor is not stuck up.
- Check indoor and outdoor blower motor if not stuck up by rotating it with your finger, if it rotates freely then its ok.
- Check the resistance of both indoor and outdoor fan motor resistance and line to ground.
- Check your voltage supply if normal.
- Check the compressor and blower motor capacitor if good.
- Check the unit supply wire if not discolored.
- Check the terminal of your circuit breaker if tight.
If all of the above are ok then it is safe to replace your unit with new board
May be poor contact of the said relay may cause the blowing of your board. Volatage fluctuations is also the suspect or damage solder of the board due to heat.
on Jan 22, 2008
Large blower on Amana 80 SSE wont go on. Small fan goes on and burner is lit.
It will be one of three issues. Blower motor is bad , capicator, or the control board. Easy enough to check . Use an extension cord , cut off the female end and strip it . You should have a black and white wire. Find the wires leading to the motor take the black and white off the control board conect black to black and white to white. Plug it in an outlet if the motor runs its the control board . If not its a bad motor or capicator. But caps rarely go bad in this use . So most likely motor . Not a hard job , but not eady if you dont have the right tools. Do not bang on the shaft with a hammer . You must use a special tool for pulling shafts.
Amana Heating &...
on Sep 30, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?