20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Dead Board on Amana PTC153A50AD
Before the replacement of board please check the fallowing:
- Check for loose terminals and re tight.
- Check compressor terminal post if terminal clips are tight.
- Check compressor resistance and terminal to ground resistance. And check your compressor is not stuck up.
- Check indoor and outdoor blower motor if not stuck up by rotating it with your finger, if it rotates freely then its ok.
- Check the resistance of both indoor and outdoor fan motor resistance and line to ground.
- Check your voltage supply if normal.
- Check the compressor and blower motor capacitor if good.
- Check the unit supply wire if not discolored.
- Check the terminal of your circuit breaker if tight.
If all of the above are ok then it is safe to replace your unit with new board
May be poor contact of the said relay may cause the blowing of your board. Volatage fluctuations is also the suspect or damage solder of the board due to heat.
on Jan 22, 2008
Not finding what you are looking for?