Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Oct 14, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Sep 28, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Jul 20, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Jun 14, 2015
1. Power off machine.
2. Using a metal paperclip, insert it into left side of top needle. It must insert at least 1" deep. Insert it into slot on right side and again from back of needle.
3. Remove KCup cradle. Separate bottom from top. In the top section, insert the paperclip up into bottom needle from the bottom upwards. It will not go all the way thru and this is normal.
4. Reassemble KCup cradle and reinsert it back into coffee maker.
5. Power on machine.
6. Brew a cup of water only. There may be coffee grounds in the water and these should eventually clear during the remaining steps. NOTE: A large cup brew cycle should output a full 8 ounces (235cc). Less means there is still a blockage
7. Empty reservoir and fill with undiluted distilled white vinegar. Repeatedly run brewing cycle until Add Water light comes on.
8. Make sure Auto-OFF is NOT set and let last cycle of vinegar remain inside machine for 4 hours.
9. Refill reservoir with fresh water and repeatedly run brewing cycle until the water is clear and odorless.
10. Set Auto-OFF, if preferred.
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Jun 03, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on May 16, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Apr 21, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Mar 14, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Mar 06, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Mar 05, 2015
Cleaning & descaling your Keurig brewer is an important step to enjoying the best tasting coffee and keeping your brewer in good shape for years.
4 Comments 2
How often you need to do it depends heavily on how often you use your brewer and how "hard" your local water is ("hard" meaning how many minerals are in it). I try to do this 3-4 times a year.
Comment Recommended For You 3
Open the top of your brewer and remove the K-cup holder. CAUTION: There's are two sharp needles in there. Be careful.
The cup holder is dishwasher safe. You can toss it in the dishwasher if you want. Otherwise a good rinse under warm running water is usually good. There's a sharp needle in here, so be careful.
Turn the cup holder over and ensure these holes at the bottom are free of any obstruction.
The drip-tray is removable. Give it a good clean either by hand or in the dishwasher.
The upper portion of the K-cup holder also has a needle. This needle has three holes in it. Insert a straightened paper clip into each hole to remove any buildup or obstructions.
1 Comment 8
Here's a close up: There's nothing you can break in here, so use some force and get that paperclip a good inch in and wiggle it around vigorously. Repeat this for the two other holes in the needle.
1 Comment 9
Use a damp, soft cloth to wipe away any coffee grinds or water stains in and around the cup holder area, and down the front of the brewer.
Be careful of that needle inside when wiping it down.
Put the K-cup holder back in the chamber. Make sure it's the right way around by aligning the arrows at the top of the holder.
Empty the water in the brewer's external reservoir.
2 Comments 13
Refill the reservoir with undulated white vinegar and replace on your brewer.
1 Comment 14
Run four large cup brew cycles. DO NOT use a K-cup, just run it empty . Dispose of the hot vinegar after each. This pushes the vinegar through the inside heating tank as well as all the valves inside.
2 Comments 15
Leave your brewer to stand, powered on for four hours. This allows the vinegar time to break down any build up in the tubes and valves inside the brewer.
1 Comment 16
Discard any leftover vinegar then refill the reservoir with water only.
Run large cup cycles until "Add Water" is displayed on your brewer's screen. This washes out all traces of vinegar from the insides of the system.
If you notice a vinegar-like smell or taste to the water coming out of your brewer, refill the reservoir with water a second time and run hot water cycles until empty.
3 Comments 19
Congratulations!! Your Keurig brewer is now clean and your ready to enjoy full cups of delicious coffee for months to come!
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Feb 20, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Feb 05, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Jan 11, 2015
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Dec 02, 2014
Keurig Platinum... | Answered on Nov 29, 2014
1,052 questions posted
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: