20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I am getting the warning
Thanks for using FixYa. Open the cover, move the cartridges to the centre, and then press the pad of absorbent paper towel onto the waste ink pads. You can locate the waste ink pads to the right of the cartridges. This will absorb a lot of ink in the pads and that will remove the warning after you reset the printer waste ink tank counter. You can reset your Canon Printer by following this procedure—
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
5) Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
on Dec 01, 2018
* After refile ink yellow
I refilled Canon cartridge CL-811. I filled all 3 colors. Magenta Cyan Yelloware flowing well,. Even if I wipe the cart on paper tissue, 3 colors are coming out (pink magenta and Yellow).but while printing yellow colour isnot printing,. Any idea how I can fix the problem?
on Nov 17, 2014
Ip2772 error number5b00
I had a problem, my printer shown me the error munber 5b00. When I try it to reset it I make a mistac. I press the resum button 4x. Now my printer will not goes to service mode. What can I do? Pls. Help me
on Jul 06, 2014
I have an on screen
You can reset the counter for ink absorber using a software tool:
Follow these steps:
1. Unplug power
2. Open door and hold power button
3. Connect power
4. Close door, then release power button
5. Open IPtool, choose your printer model from the dropdown box and then in Waste ink container section click Reset Main.
Although this will solve you problem temporarily I suggest you to send the printer in service for changing the absorber which is something like a sponge inside the printer. Otherwise at some time ink will leak out of your printer and your printings will we soiled with ink too.
Hope this helps.
on Mar 12, 2013
The ink absorber is almost full.
Ink absorber is a pad under the print head area, in the bottom fo the printer that collects excess ink from the machine.
The machine will need to be taken apart, you need to remove the old ink absorbers either wash and dry them for few days and then replace them into the unit or puchase new ones.
After that is done the waste ink counter will need to be reset.
Manual for Service mode
1. Turn off the printer. And disconnect the printer cable.
2. Press and hold the POWER button, turn on the printer.
3. The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.)
should be orange.
5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator
(L.E.D.) should be green
6. Release both buttons
if that doesn't reset it look for other suggestions athttp://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/52198
and google - http://www.google.com/search?q=PIXMA+iP1800+ink+counter+reset&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:fi:official&client=firefox-a
Or to save some fustration and headache just take the machine to canon service center to get it serviced, the end result will be much better.
Hope this helps, if so do rate the solution
on Dec 06, 2012
It cant load paper
Possible that the INDETECT paper sensor is not working. Sometimes this can be an opto sensor, If so you need to remove and check using a multimeter and replace the component.
It can also be due to a jammed roller, a failed motor drive or a faulty motherboard .
on Oct 26, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?