1. Try this - hold the menu button down for 10 seconds. TV should power up; you
will have to turn off front panel buttons on menu.
2. You can also try plugging in the TV through the USB on its panel to a
computer or USB charger, and it may work. However, this is only a temporary
3. Powering down the set or putting it in standby may have
allowed the power supply to cool. Weak capacitors often go out of spec when
they cool, thus preventing a section of the power supply from firing up
properly again. There is a simple trick...just warm the back of the TV with a
hair dryer for 5-7 mins after you have unplugged the TV. Look for the little
areas of holes in the back panel of TV. Use these as your guide at where to use
the hairdryer, but don't hold the dryer too close (say 5-6inches away). (Make
sure the dryer is on High heat). If the TV doesn't turn on after you have
heated it up (like it tries to come on but then turns off) you need to unplug
the TV again, this resets it. And repeat those steps till it works. Resetting
the TV after it fails to turn on is the key. Also, just leave the TV on. Don't
turn in off. Since it is LCD, it doesn't take much power...only a few bucks
extra a month for your utility bill.
4. A circuit board may crack about some of the larger
components mounted on it. You can inspect the PCB's for fractures, and then
repair them. It may also be poor soldering that has failed. I would be checking
for these things first.
5. If you want to go in for a long term solution, you can easily replace the
whole power board or just change the faulty capacitors. You will have to open
the back panel and take a look. You can make out which are faulty, because
their caps will be swollen on top. Here's a sample pic (not same model):
Check the specifications of the faulty capacitors, and get the replacements
from your local electronics shop. If you are comfortable with this, you can use
a pair of needle nose pliers to G-E-N-T-L-Y pull out the defunct capacitors.
Once that is done, solder in the new capacitors carefully. If are unsure how to
do this, try to get a friend who knows how to do this kinda stuff do it for
you, or get a qualified technician. Warning: If you do not
have a background in electronics repair, or are inexperienced, get a qualified
technician to do it for you.
REMEMBER there are very dangerous voltages inside a TV
that can KILL. Be sure to work SAFE when dealing with electricity. DISCONNECT
THE POWER BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.
Hope that helps!
If your issue is
not resolved, please do not assign a rating just yet. Please post back as
to what steps you took, results, etc, and I will try to assist you further as
best I can. I am here at your service.
-You can rate this solution with one of
four votes, if you feel your issue is resolved (remember that at times a bit of
to and fro dialogue may be necessary to resolve an issue).
- The solution provides great advice on how to solve the problem.
- The solution provides useful leads that helps solve the problem.
for Trying" - The solution does not solve the problem but the
effort is appreciated.
- The solution has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.
Thank you for using FIXYA!