20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My dell 3110cn printer is
This error message indicates that the printer has failed to read information from the chip on the black printer cartridge.
This is either.
1. Black cartridge not fully pushed into place (I've been called out to a couple like this)
2. Faulty chip on the black cartridge - effectively not responding to the printer 'talking' to it.
3. Fault on the main board of the printer.
1. Push the cartridge fully home.
2,3. If you have an old black cartridge, try that. The message should change to Replace Toner, if it does, its the chip on the cartridge, if it doesn't its the printer.
on Nov 25, 2015
Dell 3110 cn has full paper tray but keeps giving
The paper may not be 'lifting' as you push the paper tray in.
Open the front 'door' of the printer, remove the toners, so that you get a clear view of the paper tray. Is the paper in contact with the pickup rollers ?
The paper tray lift mechanism can wear and there is a small plastic component that can break. Replacing the paper tray will probably do the trick and fixe this.
on Nov 24, 2015
Dell 3110 laserjet printer, belt
This message is displayed when the pagecount of the transfer belt is 80,000 (ish)+.
The rated life of the transfer belt in the Dell 3110/3115 is 100,000 pages.
After that pagecount the transfer belt 'expires' and no further printing is possible until the transfer belt is replaced.
on Nov 24, 2015
How configure duplexer dell 3110 cn
You don't really need to configure it as such.
The printer should recognise the duplexer if it is fitted correctly, and it's difficult NOT TO.
Printing a settings page will show the duplexer under Printer Options.
You printer driver needs to be aware of the duplexer, there is an option to 'get information from printer' within the Windows driver.
Once the driver knows the duplexer is available, you'll have an option in the printer driver to print double sided.
on Nov 24, 2015
Has a code 016-302 and will not work
This error is almost always caused by a corrupt print job or driver. If the machine was working fine it may be as simple as canceling the print job and restarting everything (computer and printer).
Before sending the job to print again, it would be worthwhile to print a test page. If you can, you know the issue is specific to whatever you're trying to print. If you cannot, you know it's a most likely a driver issue.
- a recent OS update/upgrade killed the driver. This happened to a fair number of Windows 8 users.
-You're attempting to print from MAC but don't have the printer/driver setup for postscript. Weird but true, even in 2015 PCs and MACS still use different protocols to print to laser printers. (Not an issue for ink jets)
If this is the issue, here are the directions to setup the printer and MAC to work on your network. Notice the printer (wireless or not) should be wired for config-
(1) Connect printer to the ethernet port
(2) On the controler of the printer, select menu
(3) with the cursors (down) select Admin Menu, and press ok (the center key)
(4) the text "wired network" will appear. Press OK
(5) Move the coursor down to tcp/ip. Press ok
(6) "get IP address" will appear. Press ok
(7) select panel. Press ok
(8) press "menu" and repeat (1) to (5)
(9) "get IP address" will appear. Move the cursor down to "IP Address". Press OK
(10) with the coursor select write the IP address among the margins of your Router. The Gateway numbers shlould be the same as the ip number of your router. MAsK is always 255.255.255.0
(11) press menu and restart the printer
IN YOUR MAC
(1)Install the 3110cn modules version 2.1.3 Build 5 (usually in the CD, or in DELL site download area)
(2) Open Setup Print Utility and select "Add a printer"
(3) Select IP printer (any of the possibilities you are offered are ok), WRITE THE ADDRESS YOU WROTE IN YOUR PRINTER
(4)In printing using select Dell
You can move the printer to wireless, just keep the IP address the same.
Hope this helps!
on Nov 18, 2015
Printing with horizontal dark lines
Did the dark lines start after the change? If so, maybe the drum on one of the cartridges is damaged. (Since you mentioned dark, I'd suspect the black cartridge.) Try replacing cartridges.
If that doesn't fix it, you can send it in for repair if it's under warranty. If it's outside warranty, I'd probably just replace it, unless you want to learn a lot about the innards of a laser printer.
on May 04, 2015
How to sort a Belt drive close to life message?
This message starts to appear when the transfer belt has reached a pagecount of around 80,000 pages. The 'rated life' of the transfer belt is 100,000 pages, so it depends on how much you print as to when you will need a replacement transfer belt.
Still widely available, and really easy to fit ( it's a user replaceable part - no tools required, and the instructions are in the user manual).
on May 01, 2015
Load Tray 1
Error Code: 024-965
you are using a wrong paper type setting, whenever in your "MS office" or "pdf reader" or others
if your printer uses letter, just set paper type as "letter" where you print the document, that should work.
on May 01, 2015
How i setup for wireless
If you go here:
Product Support Dell US
you can click on the "PDF" link next to Manuals, and the manual will be downloaded to your browser. It can then be saved to your computer for future reference.
Pages 30 to 35 give displays all the settings for wireless operation, you need to enter the correct settings for your wireless network and the printer should work.
You may find it easier to connect the printer via USB and then use the setup CD to setup wireless for the printer which will then allow you to disconnect USB & start using wireless. This is on pages 92 & following.
on Dec 16, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?