Can't create playlists on my zen x fi
I tried some suggestions posted here, and after some testing, I can now give you step-by-step instructions to create a playlist on your Creative Zen.
First, you need to think of the NOW PLAYING list as the "selected songs to be added to a playlist".
So, to start clean, let's empty out the NOW PLAYING list as follows:
1) from the MUSIC menu, select NOW PLAYING
2) when a song is shown on-screen, click the context menu
3) select REMOVE ...
4) select REMOVE ALL
Now, the NOW PLAYING list is empty.
Now, you need to select (mark) the songs you want to add to your new playlist:
1) go to an individual song
2) click the context menu, and select ADD TO SELECTED
3) go to another desired song, and do step 2) again
4) repeat until done
Now, to create a NEW playlist, go to the MUSIC menu, then:
1) select NOW PLAYING
2) it will show you the first song that you selected
3) press the Right button, to scroll through all of the other songs you selected
4) when any song is shown on-screen, click the context menu
5) select SAVE AS PLAYLIST (this refers to ALL songs in your NOW PLAYING list)
6) type the name for your new playlist, and click checkmark
ALL of the songs in the NOW PLAYING list are now saved as your New playlist.
From the MUSIC menu, select PLAYLISTS. You will see the name of the playlist that you just created. When you select that playlist, you will see the list of songs you had selected.
Please note that these songs are still in your NOW PLAYING list also. To create a another New playlist, you will first need to empty out the NOW PLAYING list as you did above.
I hope that helps.
on Dec 29, 2012