20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I have a really old maytag A606 washer. There is a
Have you taken the hoses off and checked to see if there is a screen in the hoses?............or on the machine itself its a longshot but usually there are little mesh screen filters either in the hoses or on the machine itself. If its knocking its either dry (no water) or the solenoid is going bad.
Cheap fix possibilty get a Y connector hose and you can mix your hot and cold water in there then just feed it through the hot water side. Or just hook your cold water hose up to the hot water side and just wash with cold water. If you are looking to just get it running and save money.
A couple thoughts anyways
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/robert_54ae41aaaffbab00
on Aug 23, 2013
Need help in replacing a broken belt
First unplug the washing machine to avoid injury while working inside. Remove the bottom access panel by removing the two screws located at the bottom. Pull the panel down and out. This will give you access to where the belt is.
If this helps you out, please vote or leave a comment
on Nov 28, 2010
Hello ,after using the machine, water keep
Hi Alex. Welcome to FixYa. I am Kelly.
Water leaking by when the unit is supposed to be off is caused by water leaking by the inlet water valve diaphram.
Here is what you can do in an attempt to clear any internal debris of the water valve.
Both wall faucets off
1. Disconnect One hose from the water valve and remove the inlet screen by using a knife blade on the outer edge of the screen.
2, Reconnect that hose to the water valve.
3. Place the wall end of the hose in a bucket
4. Turn on the water at the wall for the hose that is still connected to the wall.
4. Select WARM wash and start a fill cycle. (Water will back flush into the bucket.
5. Use a hammer HANDLE and tap the hose connections of the water valve. (Your trying to losen the debris)
6. After a minute turn off the warm fill and the water faucet at the wall.
7. Disconnect the removed hose from the water valve and install the inlet screen AFTER cleaning the screen.
8 Reconnect the hose to the water valve and the wall connection.
9. Repeat steps 1 - 8 for remaining side.
If this does not stop the water drip then the water valve will have to be changed.
I will repost later the water valve part number and source.
Thanks for choosing FixYa.
on Sep 26, 2010
We have a Maytag A612 washer. Today it wouldn't
Turn off the cold water faucet.
Remove the water hose from the machine and the faucet.
Clean out the filter screen in the washer water valve.
Look in the hose for a secondary screen and clean it also if one if there.
Not all hoses have screens.
All water valves do have screens.
on Sep 12, 2010
Not finding what you are looking for?