20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
MP170 ''Waste ink near full.'' How do I clean it and where is it lo
How to reset error 5B00 for Canon MP170 (Ink Tank Full Error):
1 - power off.
2 - hold stop/reset ,hold ON/OFF
3 - release stop/reset, push stop/reset twice, quickly, then release ON/OFF
4 - wait untill LCD display shows "Canon Idle",then push stop/reset four times, quickly
5 - then push power twice, quickly
6 - power off and power on.
All Best: Pineworks
on May 07, 2017
Usb cable not detected
- Disconnect one end of the cable and then reseat it
ensuring the cable is firmly seated into the USB port. If the USB cable
is plugged into a hub instead of directly into the computer, connect the
USB cable directly into the computer.
- Repeat step one to reseat the cable on the other end.
shouldn't be any resistance when connecting the USB cable to the
device. If the cable does not easily slide into the device's port, look
at the end of the connector. The shape of the connector should match the
port on the device.
All USB cables will have a USB icon on one side. The side of the cable
where the icon is situated is different than the other three sides.
Icon on USB Cable
Shape of the USB Connector
- If there is still no communication, then it may be necessary to try a different USB cable or a different port on the computer.
- Make sure the correct USB cable type is being used.
Incorrect (A to A) USB Cable
Correct (A to B) USB Cable
on Nov 23, 2016
I want to use my
First reset oyur printer
do the following
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the button Resume / Cancel (red triangle in the circle), click POWER - indicator lights green.
- Release the button Resume / Cancel, keeping POWER.
- Click Resume / Cancel 2 times, keeping POWER, and then release all the buttons.
- When the indicator light Green - click Resume / Cancel 4 times!
- Turn the printer off button POWER.
Turn on the printer then follow the instruction
Please let me know this is helpful
on Mar 20, 2016
CANON MP170 WASTE INK ABSORBER IS FULL. WHERE IS
The waste ink absorber is located on the bottom of the printer and you should be disassembling the hole printer to find and replace it.First follow this procedure and the printer will printing again:
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
on Feb 09, 2016
Not finding what you are looking for?