20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Forgot e mail password also forgot login password for I tunes and apple log in
When you say "apple login", do you mean to log in to the computer itself? For that, follow the instructions below:
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
When the menubar appears select Terminal from the Utilities menu.
Enter resetpassword at the prompt and press RETURN. Follow
instructions in the dialog window that will appear.
(Source: Apple website)
For other passwords, like email passwords, those passwords are usually stored in your keychain. To access the keychain, open Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access. In that window select "All items" from the Categories panel on the left. Then on the top right there is a search box. type in "mail", or your email address; just something to narrow down the list. Study your results and double-click on anything that looks like what you're looking for. In the opening window click on the check box next to "Show password". It will ask for your computer password. After that it will show you what the password is.
on Mar 22, 2017
I have a aple desktop and my friend forgot password what can we do
Apple includes a tool with Mac OS X to replace a Mac's password. This is the best option if you have completely forgotten your password. Follow these steps:
- Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
- Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode. When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
- Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
- Choose Utilities > Terminal.
- Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return
- Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
- Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
- Enter a new password and re-enter it into the password fields.
- Enter a new password hint related to the password.
- Click Save.
- A warning will appear that the password has changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
- Click Apple > Shut Down.
Now start up the Mac. You can login using the new password.
on Mar 14, 2017
I was hooked up to
1. The password on your computer that you use to logon to your computer?
2. The password for your wireless network, so that your wireless network cannot be used by those who do not know the password?
3. The password for your '@verizon.net'
4. The password for your '@gmail.com'
Are you using Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or the Mail program on your Mac?
Call Verizon for technical support -- as a new customer, you need assistance.
If you don't get it, switch to some other Internet provider.
on Mar 06, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?