Nokia 6120 | Answered on Nov 07, 2018
Nokia 6120 | Answered on Oct 04, 2013
Nokia 6120 | Answered on Sep 22, 2013
Hi there mapacleb!
First of all, make sure you have the correct Message center updated in Messaging -> Options -> Settings -> Text message -> Msg. centre in use. You can get the number from your service provider.
If that doesn't work out, try these steps, one by one:
1. Turn off your phone, leave your battery and SIM out for 5-10minutes and put everything back in and turn it on .
2. Restore factory settings: type *#7780# at the standby screen. Enter 12345 for the security code or the one you've changed it to.
Before you try the following steps, backup your phone memory using PC Suite.
3. Soft reset: This will clean up your phone memory. All user data, applications etc stored in the phone memory will be destroyed. Type *#7370#. Enter the security code when prompted; default is 12345.
4. Hard reset: This is the last resort. The effect will be the same as that of a soft reset. Turn off your phone, press and hold down these keys: the call (Green) button, '*' (Star), '3'. Turn on your phone without releasing them. Leave the keys only after you see the region selection screen.
5. Reinstall/Update the firmware after soft/hard reset. You will need Nokia Software Updater for this. Download and install the latest NSU from the Device software section of the NOkia website. Make sure that your battery is full and that you have a decent internet connection on a stable PC.
See if you can send texts BEFORE you restore the backup. And while you do the restore operation, do it one item at at time, ie., only contacts, only messages, etc. If you find that the problem persists after restoring, reset the phone again, and while restoring, skip the last restored item. Most often it's the phone model specific backup and/or the settings that cause problems.
Thank you for using fixya! I hope I had helped you with your problem. May you have a good day! :)
Nokia 6120 | Answered on Jun 23, 2013
Nokia 6120 | Answered on May 19, 2013
Nokia 6120 | Answered on Apr 15, 2013
Nokia 6120 | Answered on Mar 03, 2013
372 questions posted
Usually answered in minutes!