20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
No magenta printing out
Following the suggestions above I have just resolved this problem. My exact problem was that the Magenta colour was printing out at different densities across the page - from faint at either side to solid in the middle.
The procedure I followed was to dismantle the printer until I could get at the laser/scanner unit, take that out, and take the top off. I discovered that the mirror for the magenta toner was very dusty so I cleaned it with a cotton bud (dry, no water or solvent for fear of damaging the surface coating of the mirror), taking the opportunity to clean all the others at the same time.
After reassembling, the printer is now perfect again. I did not perform any resets or recalibrations following this operation.
1. Disassembling is a fairly complex job, involving disconnecting most of the loom from the back PCBs. You need to do this to be able to remove the rear internal panel so that you can get at the laser/scanner assembly. Don't worry too much. though, because all the plugs are different sizes so it should be fairly straightforward reassembling it all. It worked out fine for me!
2. The bottom screw for the laser/scanner assembly (in my case, although there are actually holes for two screws) is located behind two thin metal panels which spring out from the bottom of the printer body, just above the paper tray.
3. I think there is a bit of a design flaw in these printers (if it's fair to describe it as such). Two of the mirrors (magenta and yellow) are angled upwards so that dust can collect on them, while the other two are angled down. Of the two that are angled up, the Magenta one is at the bottom and is most likely to collect dust. The laser/scanner assembly is not sealed so it is easy for dust to get into it. Furthermore there is a fan alongside the bottom mirror so there will be more dust in the air in this area. It would not surprise me if this is a fairly common problem for these printers after a certain amount of use.
on Nov 03, 2018
I have an HP Color LaserJet 2600n. Recently I had
I guess you should try to reset it ..and get the cartridge out and see if the toner (ink ) is getting out ..by pressing it (with the part where you removed the tape ) on some absorbent paper ..when it is working well it should leave a mark on the paper ..the mark should be not washed ...but real color and all...
If it do not ..just use a syringe and blow air in the cartridge ..just to agitate it ..and make sure it is not dry ..
Insert it back ..repeat the procedure until works ..and also if you have the procedure ..reset it ..http://www.ehow.com/how_6881778_reset-2600n-toner-chip.html
on May 29, 2018
How do I change my HP 2600n Language back to English
A. To change the display language back to English, please perform the following steps:
1. Press the right arrow 2 times, press the OK button (you should be in the System Setup menu).
2. Press the OK button again (you should be in Language).
3. Press the right arrow until you see something that may be English, press OK button. The menu is a continuous loop, so if you miss it the first time the option will return.
on Apr 28, 2018
Paper tray is jammed and won't pull out.
if it really won't budge (make sure all tape/wrapping is removed), it may have been damaged in shipping... I found this on HP's website, from a user on the forum:
"there is a white plastic piece ,(i believe on the left side),just a little in from the front ,that gets caught.i would imagine something gets jarred during shipping maybe.unfortunately if it happen s it can be difficult to get out.i think one guy just kept jerking it around until it came out.another was able to stick something long in from the back of the tray and get it,though any of these things run the risk of causing damage.otherwise one can try taking out the pre transfer guide in hopes of being able to get at it.
probably best to just take it back. "
Seems like you are not the first person to encounter this problem.
I'l keep searching around for another solution, but if you can, I recommend taking it back to where you bought it, as forcing or fiddling too much may break something, and void the warrenty.
on Sep 22, 2017
No longer printing in black
Check out black ink level? If good do a hard reset of printer along with a software reinstall. If that does not resolve the problem you may have a defective print head or just a bad
black cartridge since on may HP units the print head is built into the cartridge.
on Aug 31, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?