20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My printer is taking command but it is not
In most cases the printer driver software can have errors while being in use or is shut down. So to reset remove your printer from the PC and uninstall the printer software. Now reinstall the printer software and then connect the Printer to be detected as a new hardware as it will be installed. Now check the printer properties to see the ink levels.
Activate head cleaning before a test is taken . Sometimes it is possible that the head is not reacting to the need of the PC command or can be an issue with ink drying or poor ink cartridge contacts. Sometimes the power supply unit must be checked as a poor SMPS unit can deliver low voltage and cause issues to the printer function. Check all the leads and connections of the mother board , the tags to the ink cartridge. Also check the mechanical settings of the ink cartridge , if jammed or tight remove motor and manually free the drive before it is set back.
on Sep 09, 2011
I TRY TO PRINT TEST
plz try by reinstalling the drivers,if the problem is not solved then scan you pc with a updated antiviruse software.if the problem is there then change the usb cable and try with another usb slot.
If problem is not solved then plz try in another system. if problem is not occuring in the other system then your operating system is having problem otherwise your printer needs servicing
on Aug 26, 2010
Printer will not print black
Remove the cartridges and take out the Print head. Now dip the Print Head in a bowl of hot water (partially), do it several times or you can just leave it dipped for few minutes (20 mins). Now, clean the head with soft brush or cotton (be careful with this, you may damage it). After it's dried, install both the it again and try again. In most cases, when ink clogged the print head, the ink inside the ink tank can't flow out so make print outs. If you think the print head is damaged, you'll need to replace it, but first do the cleaning.
It's sometimes from the print settings. Do check the printers settings. For windows: Start > Printer's and Faxes > Right-Click on the Printer's icon and select "Printing Preference" and check the print settings. If possible restore it to default. Look for Color/intensity under and set it to auto if it's not. The best way to change the settings is to restore it to defaults by clicking "Default". On the "Main" page, click "Default" and on the other tabs, do the same.
If the problem persists, let me know.
Thanks for using FixYa.
on Aug 16, 2010
I cant print on my canon s200spx. the printer is
1. Clean your print head using denatured alcohol solvent which can be purchased from most hardware stores. If unavailable, use 91% Alcohol (isopropyl alcohol (first aid antiseptic) which is available for less than a dollar at most Walmart pharmacy departments.
*Warning: You may want to use a pair of latex exam gloves as this is a messy process and can stain your fingers.
Time necessary 45-50 minutes
Isopropyl Alcohol or denatured alcohol
sink, bowls and or basin
can of compressed air
very small screw driver
tablespoon or baby bulb type syringe
1. Lift print head from printer. It pulls out easily because it is held in with the same down lever that holds the cartridge in place.
2. Put two layers of paper towels in the bottom of a dish to protect sensitive sprayer heads.
3. Put enough solvent in dish to cover the screens on which the cartridges sit when in use.
4. Take the two small screws out that hold the white ceramic piece
5. Gently, pry the ceramic piece back and away , to reveal the underside (No need to pull away the glued points on the sides.)
6. Gently, move head up and down to slosh solvent around it the best as you can. Use a table spoon or syringe to pour solvent over all orifices in the print head, turning it upside down and then back a few times.
7. Use canned air with a plastic straw to blow into and through all orifices, alternately sloshing/swishing and pouring solvent over head (be careful not to touch any of the holes, screens, or sprayer heads with anything)
8. Empty dirty solvent from bowl and replace with paper towels and clean solvent. Soak for approx 10 minutes. Rinse again with clean solvent poured directly on all parts, letting solvent overrun and fall into dish or basin.
9. Gently shake the solvent off the head, take it outside and spray with compressed air into all orifices to clear out and help evaporate any remaining solvent. Let sit on a clean paper towel for approx 20 minutes. (There may be a little ink bleeding out of the head, but once it dries completely it does not present any problems.
10. Reinstall head, cartridges and it will print like a new printer.
SUGGESTION: For many years of problem free printing, keep a double set of ink cartridges, one set full at all times. Whenever a cartridge runs out of ink, replace it IMMEDIATELY, with a new one or a refilled one. This gives the print head no chance to dry out and create clogged heads. Routine maintenance of cleaning the heads every 24 months does wonders for keeping your printer in new condition.
Hope this helps. .
on Mar 31, 2010
Not finding what you are looking for?