20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Computer won't recognize Canon Megapixel
More often than not it's a drive letter issue...meaning that when you plug in your camera, Windows assigns it a drive letter like "E:" but something else is already using that drive letter (like external USB drivers or card readers).
To correct this you can manually assign each device their own drive letter.
1. Insert the device (camera)
2. Right-click "My Computer" and select "Manage".
3. Click on "Disk Management"
4. Right-click the item in the list that looks
like your camera and then click "Change Drive Letter and
5. Click "Change".
6. Give it a drive letter that is not being used.
7. Click OK.
The device should work instantly after that.
on Jan 19, 2010
Not finding what you are looking for?