20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Chx-1000 12 disc cd changer,
Have you tried resetting the unit to its factory setting?
Please follow the steps below on how to reset the unit.
1. Ensure that units are connected correctly. Check all physical connections.
2. After checking, press and hold down the EJECT button for several seconds. This will reset the built-in microcomputer of your unit.
This unit is designed for 12 volts DC, negative ground. If your vehicle does not have a 12 volt negative ground electrical system, you need a voltage inverter which can be bought from a JVC car audio dealer. Be sure to ground this unit to the car's chassis.
You may also check the fuse. If the fuse blows frequently, please consult your nearest JVC car audio dealer.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
on Jun 02, 2011
No longer have the cd changer hooked up
There is a "compulsory eject hole" on the left side of the changer. Inserting a screwdriver straight into this hole should eject the magazine unless a disc was partially deployed when power was removed.The last page of the manual shows a picture that details which hole to use.
The manual can be found at:
on Feb 24, 2010
My JVC KD-R426 keeps on saying warning check wiring and reset system. I've tried everthing but it still does the same. What must I do
Not sure if this will help any other owners since my answer is 4 years late, but this is what I found from another user. Apparently if you mess with the wiring too often, it goes in a safe mode which you need to do some button trickery to unlock the device from it's safe mode. These are the Steps.
1.Disconnect power supply
2.Press [MENU] and [UP arrow] buttons and keep holding.
3. While holding the buttons [MENU] / [UP arrow], connect the power plug again
A. The display will show "DC ERR"
*** if it still shows "Chk wiring ..." repeat the steps above until you get "DC ERR."
4. Press [UP arrow]; the display shows "DC1 ERR"
a. Press and hold [UP arrow] and it will show "DC1 OK"
5. Press [Down arrow], the screen will show "DC2"
a. Press and hold [DOWN arrow] and the display will show "DC2 0"
6. Disconnect the power from the back of the unit.
7. Remove the Face Unit.
8. Reconnect the power from the back.
9. Use a sharp object and press the [RESET] hole for 3 seconds and release.
10. Reinstall the face unit and turn on the power.
JVC Car Audio &...
on Sep 02, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?