20 Most Recent
- Page 5 Questions & Answers
Hp 920 xl ink cartridge filling instructions anyone have them
to refill 920:
1. If you have the plastic cap that covers the 9 mm. hole where you can see the sponge, then tape this cap to the cartidge with scotch tape. If not, use some duct/masking tape to cover the round hole.
2. Use the dry hypodermic needle to find the hole that will be found at the very center of the 920 label. With the needle, pierce the label.
3. Fill the hypodermic needle with 4 cc of ink.
4. Insert the needle 2-3 cm. into the hole made in step 2. Draw out 1 cc of air, then slowly force the 4 cc of ink into the sponge. Use toilet tissue to absorb any ink that might have escaped.
5. Let the catridge stand overnight (if possible) so as to allow the ink to evenly saturate the sponge. If not, insert it into your printer immediately.
Note: If you are going to refill catridges, be certain not to allow the sponge to dry completely. Thus, you might want to do step one immediately and to enclose it in a sealed sandwich bag upon removing an empty catridge from your printer even if you are not going to fill it immediately.
on Oct 18, 2014
How do I clean the wire making stripes on my scans
I will assume you are using the ADF (Auto Document Feeder) to do your scanning.
When you lift the top of your machine to access the normal scanning plate you will see a strip of glass at the far end of the scanning plate. This is the ADF Scanner Plate. Using some rubbing alcohol and a clean cloth/paper towel clean this strip of glass thoroughly. There will be marks on the glass (Normally drops of ballpoint pen ink or whiteout) that has been left on this plate from previous scanning of documents that were not quite dry.
on Sep 12, 2014
The printer did not report empty ink tank's? or didn't you use the printer for a long time? The nozzles can be clothed. Try running the cleaning cycle from the printer menu. Check manual)
on Jul 18, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?