20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My NN-S254 Microwave comes on intermittently, mostly dead
Try cleaning (pull the power cord plug first) the inner side of the sheet metal waveguide which may have a layer of grease that could short out the microwaves. This waveguide runs from the magnetron base over to the cooking cavity and usually can be removed by undoing some sheet metal screws along it's length. There is a fan-like device called a 'stirrer' that is located near the cavity opening under the wave guide and it should be cleaned also along with the cavity entry window. Hope this helps!
on May 04, 2016
follow the next steps use the VOM and fix it. God bless you
- Main control boardIf
your microwave runs for a few seconds and stops, the first thing to
check is the main control board to ensure that a shortage has not
occurred. If the part is defective then it will need to be replaced to
prevent continual shut offs. If this is not the issue, the next step
would be to check for a faulty touchpad.
- Touchpad/Control panelIf
the control board is not the issue and your microwave continues to shut
off after running for only a few seconds, the next thing to check is
your touchpad, which is also known as a control panel. Although uncommon
for this issue, symptoms are usually that the display and some buttons
are working properly; however, when selected some buttons are not
functioning. If this is the case the touchpad will need to be replaced.
on Jun 18, 2013
I opened it from the right side where electric
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT
This is a job for a professional but if
you are safety clued up, here's instruction.
If it is the type with an "Invertor", they are not user serviceable and must be repaired by an authorised Panasonic agent for continued safety, otherwise if conventional;
Make sure the !!!!any
capacitors are discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of
Check the door interlock switches first then the high
voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 or moving coil meter on high
resistance range for short circuit, (DVM's won't show the fault!),
the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the
primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the
magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
on Mar 22, 2011
My NN S63 will not cook. No matter what time I
Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
The response rate on FixYa FREE questions is usually over 80%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:
1. the question is unclear, incomplete, or poorly worded...
2. the question is mis-categorized - so the correct experts aren't viewing it...
3. the question requires an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately...
4. specific training, tools, or equipment are required to avoid injury or death...
5. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully...
Please feel free to re-work your question if you feel one of these may be the reason.
Of course you are not required - but converting your question to a PAID one usually increases the reply rate as well.
Normal rates for FixYa are...
$ 9.99 answer for one question.
$12.99 Live Real-Time online chat or premium e-mail support.
$29.99 Live Real Time phone support
Sometimes FixYa will run specials for unlimited questions via monthly subscription or reduced rates for limited periods.
Consider the savings that can be had when an informed Expert can save you a $100 service call, or a $350 trip to the car dealership.
Your problem solved - guaranteed! Or your money back!!
If you don't want to pay - feel free to re-submit your question so it returns back to the top of the work queue if you still need help.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for helping with your FREE question
on Aug 17, 2010
Microwave (Panasonic NN-S254BF) starts, runs 2-3
In all likelihood the mangnetron has failed, or perhaps even the Power Supply. or a fault that is shutting the system down for safety reasons You need to have it serviced by a reputable service centre/man.
Ensure you get a firm "Quote" before proceeding, and remember these days the cost of repair can equal or exceed the price of a new one.
on Jun 06, 2010
Sharp carousel convection/grill/microwave maybe R990
This happens because of a bad door switch . The plastic mounts inside
the microwave which hold the door switches and onto which the door
latches lock when you close the door .
Check also the turntable .
It could be out of it's right place .
slam your microwave door because this may cause the fuse to blow and
this is the reason of bad door switch problem .
2: A microwave is
capable of giving you a serious electrical shock even when it's
unplugged , so I recommend you to call a repair technician for help .
don't forget to rate .
good luck .
on Jun 03, 2010
Panasonic NN-S254BF microwave oven runs for 2-3
See if this describes
If so, see http://126.96.36.199/mwd/safety.txt , http://188.8.131.52/mwd/disassembly.txt and http://184.108.40.206/mwd/doorsw.txt
the digital programmer circuit / controller does not get a feedback
signal from the inverter for a period of 3 seconds, the controller will
stop the cook cycle.
in time, push start and unit runs
for 2 seconds, relay clicks, unit goes off. Cook time on display goes
off and clock time comes back. Bad upper interlock switch and charred
That may be a loose connection in the wiring between the
inverter, magnetron, and/or control board, or maybe one of
components has failed.
Due to the lethal
voltages used and produced in inverters, I do not recommend that an
inexperienced person work on these.
You can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here.
In Canada, you can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here.
happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful
rating of our answer.
on May 31, 2010
Most likely have blown a fuse , get behind the touchpad to ohm the fuse out , replace if blown , if continues to blow check componets for shorts , there will likely be signs of burnt parts.
on Apr 14, 2009
Shut off every time that I start
click this link directly to check out the wiring flow char of microwaves .of what goes faulty when there is no power
Most microwaves today have a flame-oven thermostat-safety built into them. This oven thermostat will open up ( no continuity ) when something has been overheated or set on fire in the oven. An example of where the flame-oven thermostat is in an over the range micro, usually the thermostat for the oven is on the top area.The flame-oven sensor-thermostat is suppose to be closed ( full continuity ) all the time and will open up ( no continuity ) when needed, like when something like a small fire in the oven occurs.
A wiring diagram showing where the flame/oven thermostat may be.
A sample picture of a couple different flame/sensor thermostats
Q - My microwave seems to shut off every once in a while, what might be wrong?A - Make sure you hear the fan is still operating in your microwave. Next is to make sure the air intake grill on your microwave is not plugged up with air borne dust and dirt.
Q - My microwave is running and sounds like it is working but will not heat up anything.A - Many thing can do this but, common things are....loose high voltage wire.....poor solder joint on board.....magnetron.....power relay.....
Q - The microwave display counts down and the inside light is on, but nothing is heating and the fan is not running.A - This most commonly is a bad door switch, other possible problems are a faulty relay or solder joint on the power module, but a bad door switch is most common.
Q - My microwave went dead when I opened the door ( same problem as closed the door ).A - This often is a stuck or faulty door switch and it has blown the interior microwave fuse.
Q - My microwave is completely dead.A - House fuse has blown or interior fuse inside the microwave has blown ( usually a part inside the microwave makes this fuse blow ) Sometimes a bad fuse holder inside the microwave cannot hold the fuse tight enough and the fuse will blow as well.
Q - My microwave blows the fuse inside itself as soon as I push the start button.A - Usually a shorted high voltage capacitor...see components section.
THANKS for using fixya.please do rate the solution.
on Mar 27, 2009
Not finding what you are looking for?