20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
When free motion quilting it is skipping stitches. How can I fix it am in the middle of doing a quilt
Several common problems that cause skipped stitches:
1. the needle has either a burr or a flat point/change your needle.
2. Make sure your needle is in the machine straight. If the eye of the needle is crooked, it puts too much tension on the thread.
3. Sometimes the material isn't being held tightly enough between the foot and the machine and the material is moving up and down (flagging) with the needle. If your material is very soft, you can add a piece of tear away backing or try to stretch the material tighter before you start quilting.
4. If you have broken a needle in the past (which of us hasn't broken a needle!?!?!) there may be one or several nicks out of the cover plate hole (where the needle goes down into the machine with each stitch). Take your plate out and examine it in a good light and see if the edge of the hole is smooth. If not, you can either replace the plate or if you can find a piece of emory cord, you can use it to buff the divots away.
5. If all else fails, you might try to use a larger size needle or change to a different type of thread. It also helps to have the same type of thread in the top and on the bobbin.
on Jun 03, 2016
The flywheel will go backwards but, not forwards (like it is jammed), I have cleaned out and oiled around the hook area to no avail. Any other suggestions?
I believe that you have thread trimming on this machine. I have an older model. If your blades are hung up, you won't be able to turn the hand wheel forward .Unplug your foot pedal and look underneath to see if your blade is hung up and blocking the needle. I think there is a default that keeps your machine from sewing when the blade is in the way. I will need to look again but I think it is similar to an industrial Juki and has two blades: a stationary blade and a moving blade. If a glob of thread was caught in the blades or something, it can throw the setting of them off or actually break a piece of the blade off. If this appears to be the problem, a mechanic is probably your best bet.
on Mar 07, 2016
Why does my bobbin thread keep sticking?
thread skipping (that's what its called) is most of the times caused by Not the bobbin but the main thread tension being too tight , as it goes thru to get a wrap on bobbin thread its too tight to make a loop large enough for the shuttle to grasp a loop and pull it tight , this tension needs to be changed 4 every change in texture or thickness of fabric as rarely its one setting takes all
on Feb 05, 2016
Which online Poker sites are good for beginners?
As a beginner, you don't have any knowledge of playing poker, Agen Bola
online. You should have to know the rules of poker first and then you can register on any of the online poker sites to play with other players globally.
There are many websites out there that are dealing with the online gambling games but before choosing them to be sure to read history about the sites and reviews of the players.
on Oct 13, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?