20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
When free motion quilting it is skipping stitches. How can I fix it am in the middle of doing a quilt
Several common problems that cause skipped stitches:
1. the needle has either a burr or a flat point/change your needle.
2. Make sure your needle is in the machine straight. If the eye of the needle is crooked, it puts too much tension on the thread.
3. Sometimes the material isn't being held tightly enough between the foot and the machine and the material is moving up and down (flagging) with the needle. If your material is very soft, you can add a piece of tear away backing or try to stretch the material tighter before you start quilting.
4. If you have broken a needle in the past (which of us hasn't broken a needle!?!?!) there may be one or several nicks out of the cover plate hole (where the needle goes down into the machine with each stitch). Take your plate out and examine it in a good light and see if the edge of the hole is smooth. If not, you can either replace the plate or if you can find a piece of emory cord, you can use it to buff the divots away.
5. If all else fails, you might try to use a larger size needle or change to a different type of thread. It also helps to have the same type of thread in the top and on the bobbin.
on Jun 03, 2016
The flywheel will go backwards but, not forwards (like it is jammed), I have cleaned out and oiled around the hook area to no avail. Any other suggestions?
I believe that you have thread trimming on this machine. I have an older model. If your blades are hung up, you won't be able to turn the hand wheel forward .Unplug your foot pedal and look underneath to see if your blade is hung up and blocking the needle. I think there is a default that keeps your machine from sewing when the blade is in the way. I will need to look again but I think it is similar to an industrial Juki and has two blades: a stationary blade and a moving blade. If a glob of thread was caught in the blades or something, it can throw the setting of them off or actually break a piece of the blade off. If this appears to be the problem, a mechanic is probably your best bet.
on Mar 07, 2016
Why does my bobbin thread keep sticking?
thread skipping (that's what its called) is most of the times caused by Not the bobbin but the main thread tension being too tight , as it goes thru to get a wrap on bobbin thread its too tight to make a loop large enough for the shuttle to grasp a loop and pull it tight , this tension needs to be changed 4 every change in texture or thickness of fabric as rarely its one setting takes all
on Feb 05, 2016
My 18 Bottle 2 temp wine enthusiast frig start beeping and blinking
Did you unplug for 10 seconds... then plug it back in?
Do you have any control over the front panel?
Can you verify after all of this, that the back cooling fan is working?
Their is a sensor in the back of the cabinet that monitors overheating of the thermoelectric unit... Unplugging it for a while and powering it back up is one way to verify this...
you can put a fan where the vents are in the back to speed this up...
20 hours ago
What are some of the more popular types of beds?
One of the most popular and trending bed which provides both luxury look and luxury feel is Adjustable beds
These beds have so many advantages and have all the comfort features.
Some of the best-recommended beds are:
a. SWAN ADJUSTABLE BED
b. SWIFT ADJUSTABLE BED
c. GOLDFINCH ADJUSTABLE BED
d. NIGHTINGALE ADJUSTABLE BED
e. WREN ADJUSTABLE BED
You can get best offers on these designer adjustable beds from the link mentioned above.
3 days ago
Not finding what you are looking for?