How to install python 594 in a diesel
install like a regular remote start alarm. You will have to tap into the glow plug wire, and change the setting on the brain to "wait to start" for the glow plugs.
If you have not installed a remote start alarm before:
1.install the siren under the hood and run the wire through the fire wall into the cab.
2. Mount antenna at the top center of the windshield then run wire around and down to drivers floor.
3. mount shock sensor with a ziptie to the steering column (as long as the steering column doesn't move/rotate)
4. separate the wires you are going to need, from the ones you won't need.(specific per vehicle):12+, Gnd, Parking lights, IGN, IGN2, ACC, ACC2, Starter, lock, unlock, brake, glow plugs...
5. zip tie and tape off the unused wires.
6. use wire diagram and find then test the vehicle wires.
7. connect RS/Alarm to vehicle, plug in antenna and shock sensor, then attach siren.
8. BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE-GO INTO PROGRAMING AND CHANGE THE SETTING FOR A DIESEL !
9. now you can test the functions of the RS/Alarm,
BE SURE TO KEEP A WINDOW ROLLED DOWN, OR HAVE A SET OF KEYS OUTSIDE THE VEHICLE!
477L Ask RXTX...
on Apr 14, 2014