20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Nwz-e438f will not play, or connect to computer
Please try connecting the Walkman to a different USB port on the Computer and check if that helps.
Please make sure that there is no other USB devices connected to the Computer at the same time.
If there was no change after the player was reset, connect it to the computer and reset it again, leaving it connected.
Keep the Walkman connected to the Computer for 4 hours to fully charge the battery. Then, check whether the Walkman is working properly.
Ensure that the HOLD switch is not activated.
If the issue still persists after performing the steps provided above service of the Walkman is required.
on Jan 30, 2014
On hold... cancel Hold function to activate
This is not an issue with the Walkman player. You can resolve this by sliding the HOLD switch located at the side panel of the Walkman Player (Model specific).
HOLD switch is used to protect the Player against accidental operation. By sliding the HOLD switch in the direction of the ">", all the buttons are disabled. If you slide the HOLD switch to the opposite direction, the HOLD function is released.
on Sep 15, 2012
Mp3 Player Froze
Follow this procedure if the portable player appears to be frozen with Every Moment Has its Music on the display.
- Confirm that the portable player is connected to a working USB port and that it is charging. If necessary, connect it to a different port. When connected properly, the battery icon will be animated or it will indicate the charge status such as FULLwhen charging is completed.
- Make sure that you are pressing the POWER button to turn the player on. Previous Walkman models that did not have a power button would turn on by pressing any button. This model must have the power button pressed to turn it on.
- Ensure that the HOLD function is not activated.NOTE: For some models, when you use the portable player for the first time, if you have not used it for a long time, or the battery is depleted, it may take up to 5 minutes for it to be recognized or start charging. On models with a display, the display will remain blank. If it the portable player is not recognized or does not begin to charge after waiting 5 minutes, continue with this procedure to reset the unit.
- If the portable player is still not responding, reset it by pressing the RESET button with a small pin or similar object.NOTE: When the RESET button is pressed, although the unit will retain the music data and clock settings, all other stored data and settings may be deleted. If the unit starts up after the reset, access the Settings menu and initialize the unit using the Format (initialize) function.
- If there was no change after the player was reset, connect it to the computer and reset it again, leaving it connected.
- Check the Sony Support Web site to see if there are any available firmware updates for your model. Updates can be found on the Sony Support Web Site in your country.
on Sep 07, 2012
I dont know how to
There is really no power button only OPTION/PWR OFF button of your player.
If you press and hold the OPTION/PWR OFF button, the screen turns off and the player enters standby mode.
If you press any button while the player is in standby mode, the "Now Playing" screen, etc., appears
and the player is ready for operation. Furthermore, if you leave the player in standby mode for about 4 hours,the player turns completely off automatically.
If you press any button when the player is turned off, the start up screen appears first, then the "Now Playing" screen appears.
on Aug 29, 2011
I lost my charger ,
It is not required to use a charger for charging the NWZ-E438F Walkman Player. You can connect the Player to the Computer using the USB cable for charging the Walkman Player. The charger is not supplied with the Player, however you can purchase the portable charger for the Player.
Recharging Time :
Approx. 4 Hrs (full charge), Approx. 2 Hrs (approx. 80%)
The model # of the compatible charger is AC-U501AD and AC-NWUM50. Click here for the link to purchase AC-U501AD and AC-NWUM50Please feel free to get back to us for further assistance. Thanks for contacting FixYa.
on Jul 18, 2011
Where can I get a
I understand that you're trying to purchase the USB cable for the Walkman Player. Please click hear
to order for the compatible USB cable for the Walkman.
Please let me know if you require any further assistance.
on Jul 02, 2011
I want to down load something from the inter net
Downloading Music to MP3 Player
1...You must download and install Windows Media Player 11 on your computer.
NOTE...Some older MP3 players will not work with Windows Media Player 11 or Windows 7 with Windows Media Player 11.
If this happens to you, then you will have to uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and install Windows Media Player 10.
2...After you have downloaded and installed Media Player on your computer.
3...Open Media Player on your computer.
4...Install all your music into Media Player that you want to install on your MP3 player.
5...Plug in your MP3 player to the computer using your Data/Sync cord, be sure that Windows Media Player is on.
6...Media player should recognize the MP3 player and sync with it.
7...After it is sync'ed with the computer,you can add the music you have installed into Windows Media Player to your MP3 Player.
Free Answer...Please take time to rate me
on Jun 11, 2011
How do i delete songs
Here is an easy way to delete unwanted pics,videos,etc. on your MP3 player.
Books, Apps,etc. from MP3 Player/Ipod
Hook up your mp3 player to your computer
Go to your desktop and double left click on "My Computer"
When it opens you will see listing that says "Devices with Removal Storage" your mp3 player should be listed there.
Right click on your mp3 player, and a window will open, right click on "Open" and now your files/songs should be visible.
Hold the left click down and drag it across all the files/songs that you do not want this will highlight the files/songs you do not want, release,right click and then click on "Delete"
Now you mp3 player should be clear of the files/songs you do not want.
BIG WARNING: BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT DELETE THE FILES NEEDED TO OPERATE YOUR MP3 PLAYER.
This is a FREE answer, Please take time to rate me
on May 28, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?