Question about RVs
It really doesn't cool well and is so loud even on low you can't carry on a conversation
You need to get on to of your camper and remove the cover, typically a few larger screws and maybe washers will secure the housing cover; (is: the AC's on my unit has 3)
1. Check for any foreign objects between A/C (air conditioning) fan and cooling radiator, producing this loud noise. It is not uncommon for a small animal to have gotten on top of your camper and made its way inside the housing, especially if it has been in storage.
2. Look to see if you have any damaged or missing can blades. If material is missing, the balance could be off causing vibrations. It would also be a good idea to see if any hardware is loose and only needing to be tightened.
3. Having a person to assist, have that person turn on the AC and listen for a loud noise comming from the fan's electrical motor. Like any regular electric motor, bearings can wear out and squealing or other noises will be hear before it finally stops completely.
4. It the unit is not cooling enough of not getting as cold as it once did, you may need to get the coolant recharge, typically an authorized HVAC tech can do that.
5. If the AC is not blowing any cold air at all, most likely the part that is bad (cannot recall exact name right now) is like a coil; black, round, a little bigger then a quarter in diameter and a couple inches long with a couple wires on it. If you have a manual with a diagram, you may be able to locate that part.
Above all else, if there are compounded issues going on, you may want to consider a replacement instead of buying several various parts, depending on the age of the AC you have right now. It may cost a little more but a new one will come with a warranty and be more efficient.
Posted on Apr 15, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2016 | Keystone 2013 Alpine 3555RL
Jun 28, 2016 | Gulf Stream 2009 Ameri-Lite 24BH
Jun 20, 2016 | RVs
Apr 07, 2016 | Skyline 2013 Aljo GL Select Park Trailer...
Jul 16, 2014 | Gulf Stream 2013 Conquest Lite 259BH
Apr 19, 2014 | Gulf Stream RVs
May 10, 2017 | RVs
Mar 16, 2018 | RVs
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!