Question about 2005 Honda Eterno
Hi, I have a Honda Eterno Scooter that I bought in 5 years back and of late it has started giving me starting problem. It takes 15-20 minutes to start the scooter. I took the scooter to Honda service center and they say that the engine of the scooter needs to be worked on. My scooter has run only for 22000 km (approx.) and if after only 22000 km the engine needs to be worked on I have serious concerns over the scooter quality. Changing the sparking plug has also not helped. Need your help for the same. @
Hi, Mail2id and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or have an improper gap or are partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition.
3. Battery damaged or nearly discharged, should have 12.5 volts.
4. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Throttle controls not adjusted correctly.
6. Water or dirt in the fuel system.
7. Water or dirt in the carburetor.
8. Intake air leak.
9. Fuel tank vent hose and vapor valve plugged, or fuel line closed off, restricting fuel flow.
10. Choke valve inoperative.
11. Engine lubricant to heavy (winter operation).
12. Ignition is not functioning properly (possible sensor failure).
13. Faulty ignition coil.
14. Valves sticking.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Scooter Troubleshooting Scooter won start All about Scooters How To Fix Scooter Starting Issues Part 1 Quick Guide
Posted on Jan 21, 2018
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Battery location on scooter
Hi and welcome to FixYa,
Appreciate the direct "Ask Me".
Initially, have to inform you, have not worked on one. Being in the Philippines most that I have laid my hands on are Japanese with a sprinkling of Italian but don't recall ever working on a French scooter. Sorry.
Still as you posted "Any advice...", allow me to do some guesstimate:
Pls be informed that due to my current rank and rating, even a Helpful would be detrimental to my status. Should this solution not address your concern, it would be appreciated if you could just not rate it at all. Cheers.
Posted on Dec 30, 2008
is it a 2 cycle or 4 cycle motor? if 2 cycle you have maybe too much oil in the mix or broken rings. if 4 cycle then maybe accidental oil in gas or broken rings. if neither are oil related, then you have broken rings, disassembly and replace rings are called for.
Posted on Jun 21, 2010
its a simple case of engine overhauling.....
1. go for engine overhauling as the piston/piston rings or valves have gone worned out
2. as this a typical eterno problem
Posted on May 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2014 | 2005 Honda Eterno
Sep 10, 2013 | 2005 Honda Eterno
Apr 03, 2013 | 2005 Honda Eterno
Apr 24, 2012 | 2005 Honda Eterno
Apr 13, 2012 | 2005 Honda Eterno
Dec 22, 2010 | 2005 Honda Eterno
Aug 03, 2010 | Honda Eterno Motorcycles
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: