Question about 2003 Suzuki GSF 600 S Bandit
I was driving home going an estimated 60mph. My engine started to make a deep sound like it was losing power. Then I started to lose acceleration and wasn't getting any response from my throttle. Eventually, my engine died and I came rolling to a stop. The bike wouldn't start after that. I had a little less than half a tank of gas. I tried starting it up the next day and it worked fine. The bike is a 2003 bandit 600s. cant figure out what it is?
Hi, Sibleymd10 and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery must have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Fuel tank empty
11. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Faulty fuel pump.
15. Faulty pressure regulator.
16. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
17. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Total Motorcycle Forums
What Do Check When My Motorcycle Won Start Honda Shadow Forums Shadow...
Suzuki GSF600S Service Manual
OEM parts for Suzuki
Suzuki GS500 Owner Manual
Posted on Jun 22, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This sounds like water in the gas. Condensation in the gas tank makes it's way into the float bowl and after enough accumulates the bike dies because water just doesn't burn like gas. Drain the carbs and then let them fill up again. The good thing is that the cost to eliminate this as a problem is zero.
Posted on Nov 30, 2009
Try this site for your parts needs. Copy the address into a new window or tab.
Posted on Feb 23, 2010
Testimonial: "was very helpful"
SOURCE: how to remove spark plugs
If the plugs are very tight, use firm pressure intermittantly whilst unscrewing the plugs a bit at a time, screwing the plug back in and then out again. This, if done with a hot engine, will help to avoit damaging the head and the aluminium threads.
If the threads get damaged due to a build up of carbon on the end of the threads, Helicoils will need to be inserted. If you need helicoils, contact a quality engineering company for help, or a good garage. Don't foget to fit the correct length plugs and use "Copper Ease" on the thread to avoid this problem again
Hope that helps
Posted on Dec 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2015 | 2004 Nissan Murano
May 04, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
May 02, 2011 | 1991 Dodge Dakota
Oct 16, 2010 | 1990 Pontiac Sunbird
Feb 15, 2010 | 2000 Nissan Frontier
Jan 03, 2010 | 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
Oct 11, 2009 | 1987 Nissan Pickup
Oct 04, 2009 | 1999 Mazda Protege
Dec 22, 2008 | 2000 Volkswagen Golf
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: