Question about Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder Motorcycles
Hi Aaronstarnes, and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking.
3. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Damaged wire or loose/broken connections at battery terminals/cables, especially the "NEGATIVE" cable at both ends, ignition coil, or plug between ignition sensor and module.
7. Intake air leak.
8. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor.
12. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, and/or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Suzuki Motorcycle Service Repair Workshop Manuals
Posted on Oct 05, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
When removing the pilot jet screw, count the number of turns to remove. Put the screw back the same number of turns then unscrew 1/4 turn.
A “very helpful” rating on this answer? Thanks!
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
the fact that it idles with the choke on indicates that fuel mixture is the problem here remove the mixture screw completely check that the o ring seal is not damaged & that the end of the needle is not worn or bent if either of these conditions are obviouse replace the damaged or worn parts general rule of thumb with mixture adjustment is 1&1/2 to 2 turns out give it a try
Posted on Feb 23, 2010
Ride the bike 20 or so miles on open road. Stop and remove plug to inspect. 'Are they black or white ?
Black =rich white=lean
Posted on Feb 01, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2013 | 2000 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder
Oct 18, 2012 | 2004 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder
Apr 10, 2011 | 2001 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder
Jan 18, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha V Star Classic
Dec 07, 2010 | 2000 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder
Apr 09, 2010 | 2003 Suzuki RM 125
Mar 18, 2010 | 2003 Suzuki RM 125
Apr 25, 2009 | 1999 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder
Apr 03, 2009 | 2003 Suzuki RM 125
Sep 26, 2017 | Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder Motorcycles
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: