Question about C_F Lightning XB9SX Motorcycles
Hi, Mscottfox if your bike has been sitting idle for months or years and you did not do any pre-storage maintenance I feel your pain it will probably have a dead battery and not want to start or if it starts it will idle and run poorly, here are the following steps necessary to complete in order to get your bike back to an acceptable running condition.
1. If your battery was 3 years or older when you last had the bike running you should replace it.
2. If you believe your battery might still be serviceable remove it from the bike and put it on a 1 or 2 amp trickle charger for 24 hours. If it is the old lead acid type with visible cells and acid levels fill each cell to the top line with distilled water and replace the caps, run the vent tube into a plastic or styrofoam cup, any cells that are cloudy/milky replace the battery.
3. After charging remove the leads and let the battery sit for a couple of hours then check the battery voltage with a volt meter, you should have 12.5 volts or better, any readings in the 11 volt range you need to do a proper load test on the battery and replace as necessary, any readings in the 10 volt range you have a dead cell and replace the battery.
4. Drain and flush fuel tank, google " how to clean a motorcycle gas tank" find a couple forums to view the different options available.
5. Remove your air cleaner and clean and re-oil per Mfg. specifications.
6. Remove the carburetor, disassemble and decontaminate with a carb dip or if you have EFI remove injectors and clean with carb spray and compressed air
7. Remove fuel valve and filter disassemble and clean as necessary, remove fuel lines and replace with new ones.
8. Replace spark plug with a new one and check for spark.
For more information about your issue and free downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Free local classified ads
CF250 Water cooled parts
Posted on Jan 25, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I am having the exact same problem (1978 Honda CB750 Four).... while starting with the electric starter, everything electric on the bike just died instantly, even the neutral light. Fuses are ok. I have no idea what to do, and I am sure it is not the battery's fault, because even if there were not enough amps to start the engine, there would still be enough for the neutral light. Something switched off instantly rather than faded out gradually. If you find an answer please let me know. I suspect the ignition coils but I'm not sure. Jeff
Posted on Oct 19, 2009
jus got my 03 running simple solution ok first.. check all connects under driverseat and all fuses in fuse box.. ok pull the clutch relay it the box in front of fuse box.. pull it out put it back in.. ok here was my problem battery was new but wasnt fully charged.. 10.8 volts is what you need bro for the ecu to tell the thing to fire.. that's all it took for me hope it works for u.. if not ur goin have to put it in dealer mode n pull th fi codes google it to see how.. good luck..
Posted on Feb 05, 2010
my 1997 Honda vt1100 shadow will not idle wn=hen choke is off, but idels and runs with choke on and backfires on deceleration and acceleration what is my problem?
Posted on May 30, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2016 | GAS Motorcycles
Sep 20, 2012 | 1991 Plymouth Voyager
Jun 14, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 10, 2011 | 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
May 20, 2011 | 1986 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Apr 10, 2011 | 2005 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
Jan 31, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 450 F
Jul 06, 2009 | Polaris ATV
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: