Question about 2001 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Posted on Jul 10, 2016
Hi, Jbelluzzi and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
15. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
16. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
17. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jul 04, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
could be one of the ignition coils breaking down when hot, if you can (without getting burnt), remove the plug cap, place a screw driver in there holding the insulated handle and turn the engine over whilst holding it close to the engine, you should see a spark IF its ok, if not then the coil has failed. Retry when cold to confirm.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
SOURCE: i have an FJ 1100.
Nice bike. Your choke could be stuck next time this happens try removing air cleaner and see if it is closed. If it is try adjusting it.
Also with engine hot pull a plug put it back on the wire hold with insulated pliers to a ground on the motor and crank engine over to see if you have spark. If no spark see if coil is over heating if so it may be bad.
Posted on Aug 10, 2010
SOURCE: my wr starts great 1st
Hello and welcome to Fixya, First we need to make sure your getting proper fuel flow to your carb. Remove line and make sure its coming out well and not just dripping. If that seems ok, then I would remove your carb and check your float height to spec. Another thing you might check is run it and as soon as the problem occurs, remove the spark plug, put the plug cap back on and lay the plug against the cylinder or a good ground (make sure there is no gas puddles) then kick over the engine while watching your plug, if its not sparking then you may have a problem with the coil or stator. Try these and if you still are having trouble let me know and I will be happy to assist you further until we get it figured out. Thanks for using Fixya, Cycleworx157
Posted on Dec 30, 2010
SOURCE: my 1991 yamaha virago xv250
if you havent altered the tounge on the float for amount of fuel in bowl i,d be looking at the air vent.if all good check the fuel cap vent .obviously not enough fuel to go distance or cant breath .are all hose on correct fittings?
Posted on Mar 12, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 03, 2014 | Homelite Garden
Apr 01, 2013 | Motorcycles
Nov 06, 2011 | 2002 Saturn VUE
Sep 16, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Camaro
Nov 09, 2009 | Honda Pressure Washer PSI 3000
May 28, 2009 | 1990 Buick Riviera
Nov 26, 2008 | 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: