Question about 2005 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Hi, Map1990 first perform the following tests:
1. Fill acid type batteries to proper levels.
2. Charge battery overnight at 1-2 amps you need 12.5 volts or better after charging.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Hook up battery positive cable, then with your multimeter on the milliamp scale connect one lead to the negative battery post and the other lead to the ground cable. Meter should read 3 milliamps or less, 10 milliamps with a radio, 15 milliamps with radio and CB. If your meter reads higher you need to isolate the circuit by pulling fuses and circuit breakers one at a time and observe meter for a drop in amperage then get out your test light and track down the short in that circuit.
5. Hook up a voltmeter to the battery and start the engine, if meter falls below 9.0 volts while cranking you need to perform a proper load test on the battery and replace if necessary.
6. With the engine running at 3600 RPM, the battery should read 14.3-14.7 volts if not continue tests.
7. Unplug the voltage regulator from the alternator at crankcase by the front of the primary cover.
8. To test voltage regulator go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8EjV0IjW9Q
9. With ohm meter, one lead grounded, touch alternator pin meter should read infinity, if not replace the stator.
10. With ohm meter, both leads touching alternator pins meter should read 0.1 to 0.2 ohms on 1989 and later models. 0.2 to 0.4 ohms 1988 and earlier models, if not replace the stator.
11. With the voltmeter set on AC scale, both leads touching alternator pins meter should read 16 to 20 volts AC for every 1000 RPM'S 1989 and later and 19 to 26 volts AC for every 1000 RPMS. If not replace the rotor.
For more information about your issue please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
DOWNLOAD 2005 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Posted on Oct 26, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: APRILIA ATLANTIC 125 top speed?
Manufacturer: Aprilia (Italy) UK Importer: AWS (Aprilia World Service) Engine: 124cc 4-stroke automatic Cooling: Liquid Top Speed: 55 mph Wheels (F): 110/90x13 Wheels (R): 130/70x13 Brakes (F): Twin Disc Brakes (R): Disc Fuel Capacity: 10.5 litres Seat Height: 770 mm Colour Options: Blue Grey White or Green Insurance Group: TBC The Atlantic 125 shares name and similar design cues with its 500cc brother, but is a different beast. Powered by a Piaggio Leader motor the down scaled scoot looks cuter than the original, space under the seat for one and half lids, adjustable pre-load rear suspension, and three linked disc brakes for stability. ,,,
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
has any work been carried out recently?, maybe a wire is touch the metal frame. the charging system could be over charging, have the voltage regulator & charging system checked so many possiblities ..
Posted on Oct 18, 2009
Remove the shield saddle. Remove the inner shield. Working on both sides, unscrew and remove the six screws (1) and the two screws (2).
Working on both sides, unscrew and remove the two screws (3).
Remove the center console (4).
Disconnect the voltage regulator (1).
Release the cables from the clips Unscrew and remove the two screws (2).
Remove the voltage regulator (3).
Hope this will help you.
PS-Don't forget to vote me, thanks
Posted on Feb 09, 2011
SOURCE: IDLES TOO SLOWLY. HOW
Hi, Your bike should idle at about 900 rpm when hot or around 800-1100 rpm. at idle. Set the idle speed by adjusting the idle stop screw on the side of the carb. Too low of an idle speed setting will make for hard starting. Also check the throttle cable adjustment. Please get back to us if you have further query else please accept the suggestion.
Thank you for contacting fixya.com
Your bike should idle at about 900 rpm when hot or around 800-1100 rpm. at idle. Set the idle speed by adjusting the idle stop screw on the side of the carb. Too low of an idle speed setting will make for hard starting. Also check the throttle cable adjustment.
Please get back to us if you have further query else please accept the suggestion.
Posted on May 20, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2017 | 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Feb 07, 2017 | 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Nov 17, 2015 | Aprilia Motorcycles
May 09, 2015 | 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Jun 23, 2014 | 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500
May 26, 2014 | 2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Apr 07, 2013 | 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Jul 30, 2012 | 2002 Aprilia Atlantic 500
May 27, 2010 | 2005 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Sep 28, 2009 | 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: