Question about 2006 Yamaha DT 125 X
Hi, Ben_paice before testing any electrical component in the Starter Circuit it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test because your battery may have 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amps causing the battery to be faulty and must be replaced, especially "AGM" batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
4. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
5. FOB battery low or dead.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter relay, solenoid, starter have failed or circuit wiring faulty.
11. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
12. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
13. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
14. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Thread DT 125 won start
What to Do Check When Dirt Bike Won Start
Yamaha DT125RE 2005 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on May 11, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: yamaha srx600 kickstart seized
Check your 2 stroke oil reservoir, got a feeling it's bone dry. If so your cylinder is scored and will need some machining, new piston and rings....Good luck to you friend...Tim
Posted on May 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2014 | Yamaha Boating
Apr 30, 2014 | 2007 Yamaha DT 125 X
Nov 17, 2013 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
Feb 01, 2011 | 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jul 04, 2010 | 2006 Yamaha DT 125 X
May 03, 2010 | 2006 Gilera Runner VX 125
Dec 13, 2009 | 2005 Yamaha DT 125 X
Apr 11, 2009 | 2006 Toyota Tacoma
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: