Question about 1995 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Hi, VF750C with one cylinder not running. Exhaust is cold on that Cyl. even after extended running. Checked to see if there was spark (yes). Is there a way to clean out carb without taking everything apart? I have the carb assembly ready to remove, but I'm a little hesitant because of the looks of it...Thanks in advance
Hi, Thesolems you need "FIVE" things in order for a cylinder to run properly:
1. FUEL: in order to validate your not getting fuel spray some starting fluid into the air cleaner and hit the starter button, if it fires up and runs for a few seconds then you know you have a fuel delivery issue. Multi carbs bank should be bench "SYNC"
2. SPARK: remove the spark plug and with it connected to the spark plug cable ground the threads to something metal you should see a bluish white spark if not you have a faulty spark plug, spark plug cable, ignition coil, condenser, CKP, ECM, sensor or the wiring in between.
3. COMPRESSION: you must have at least 80-100 PSI for most bikes, multi-cylinder engines should be within 10-15% of each other if not perform a leak down test you may have a burnt or bent valve or hole in the piston or broken rings.
4. CAM TIMING: confirm your timing marks are aligned to see if the cam chain or adjuster are worn out and the chain has skipped a couple teeth.
5. IGNITION TIMING: on older bikes check to see if your points have not closed up, timing plate has not become loose and confirm with a timing light for proper retard and advance functions, on newer bikes where timing is controlled by an ECM and is nonadjustable check you CKP, TPS, MAP, O2, sensor or it's counterpart for integrity.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Front cylinders not firing
One cylinder not firing GSX 750
Honda Magna VF750C Service Manual
Honda 1995 VF750C Magna Owner Manual
Posted on Jul 05, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You should probably get a service manual.
As I recall: Remove seat, gas tank, side covers and brackets, and plastic things in front corners of frame. Take off rubber intake thingy and slide out air filter cover toward the left side (it's a ***** because of the flap in front). Loosen metal intake housing plate, rotate and remove intake horns being careful not to bend the horns or drop screws down carb throats. Slide plate out.
All four carbs come off as one assembly. There are four rubber tubes connecting it to the engine. Loosen the hose clamps on the tubes and gently pry the carb assembly up. Find safe points on the carbs to pry where you won't break anything, and be gentle. If it hasn't come off before it will take some going from corner to corner till it comes out of the rubber tubes.
You can clean the jets without disassembling the "quad pack".
I put a little oil on the tubes to reassemble. Getting the horns back in is a bit tricky. The plate goes on loose, then they slide into the carbs and rotate as I recall. Good luck
Posted on Jun 21, 2009
Most likely the carbs need cleaning and adjusting. You may want to richen the A/F ratio when you do it. They are set really lean from the factory. I would go 1/4-1/2 turn out on the A/F screw.
Posted on Jul 22, 2009
If you are positive the exhaust is not clogged, have you rebuilt the top end recently? The only thing I can think of is the piston is in backwards forcing the exhaust side to push into the carbs. The arrow on the piston always points to the exhaust ports.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
If your carbs and plugs are fine you may wish to check into you wiring harness to see if you have a cyclinder not firing due to a problem with wiring (frayed or disconnected).
Posted on Oct 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2017 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
May 11, 2016 | 1999 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Nov 29, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 18, 2013 | 1988 Honda VF 750 C Super magna
Jul 16, 2011 | Craftsman 20 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor -...
May 04, 2011 | 1991 Chevrolet Lumina
Mar 17, 2011 | Chevrolet Blazer Cars & Trucks
Dec 29, 2009 | 2002 Saturn Sl
Nov 16, 2008 | 1993 Mitsubishi Expo 4 Door
Jan 06, 2018 | Sym Motorcycles
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!