Question about 1998 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
Yamaha YZF Thunderace 1000cc - When I accelerate, full throttle, the revs are hanging at about 5000 to 6000 revs and doesn't want to pull anymore. Fitted new fuel pump, bridged wires from fuel pump to battery. Still the same problem. Could u plse asssist.
Hi, Annita319 and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark.
3. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Dirty air filter
9. Intake air leak.
10. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, fuel pump and/or filter.
11. Old dead or bad fuel.
12. Faulty fuel pressure regulator
13. Pinholes in the in tank plastic convoluted tubing from the pressure regulator to the quick disconnect check valve.
14. Fuel tank vent system plugged.
15. Throttle body controls misadjusted.
16. Damaged throttle body or intake seals.
17. Clogged or faulty fuel injectors.
18. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
19. Faulty TPS, MAP, CKP, O2, and/or CMP sensors.
20. Incorrect valve timing.
21. Weak or broken valve springs.
22. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
23. The control module may be in limp mode.
24. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Won rev past 6k rpm under load
Yamaha YZF1000RJ Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA YZF1000R Owner Manual
Posted on May 22, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi and welcome to FixYa,
Your query was posted under "1998 Yamaha YZF-R1". Wiring diagram is here.
Should you be referring to another model, please postback with the exact year/model.
Good luck and thank you for asking FixYa.
Posted on Dec 05, 2009
Replace standard rings with GTS1000 rings . I had Fzr1000 with same problem , at 187000 kms I pulled the barrels off and found no hone left , it was a smooth bore . Also replaced valve guide seals at this time also . Oil consumption dropped from 1 litre per 1000kms to 1 litre per 8000kms. Bike has now done 308000kms and still uses oil at the rate of 1 litre per 4000kms .
Posted on Jan 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2013 | 1997 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
Jul 30, 2012 | 1997 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
Jul 16, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
Apr 28, 2012 | Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R Motorcycles
Apr 24, 2012 | Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R Motorcycles
Jun 19, 2011 | 1997 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
May 28, 2010 | 1997 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
May 06, 2010 | 1997 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
Jun 15, 2009 | 1997 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: