Question about 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
Hi, Tom if your headlight is not working, keeps burning out, blinking, or is dim the first thing you need to check is the headlight bulb for damaged filaments then check your light circuit fuse, then check your head light bulb socket ground wire for a clean tight connection, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty ground or power supply wire to headlight bulb socket.
2. Worn down solder contacts or loose fit of the bulb base in the socket due to vibration.
3. Worn, chaffed, or broken wires in the light circuit.
4. Corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets in wire connectors.
5. Faulty hi/lo beam switch.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Fuse is good but no continuity on both sides.
8. Faulty wiring between battery positive and headlight bulb socket.
9. Weak charging alternator/generator.
10. Faulty voltage regulator/rectifier ground or overcharging.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
headlights not working
2000 2001 Yamaha YZF R1 Service Manual R1 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Sep 01, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2014 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
Aug 15, 2013 | Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycles
Mar 16, 2013 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
Dec 18, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Dec 12, 2012 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
Apr 20, 2012 | Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycles
May 10, 2011 | 2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
Mar 04, 2011 | 2001 Ford Focus
Jul 07, 2010 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
Mar 21, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: