Question about 2001 Harley Davidson FXST Softail Standard
Ok, this is what the service manual says.
1. Loosen upper triple clamp pinch bolts. Remove upper triple clamp and handlebars.
2. Loosen fork stem bolt. Let fork stem drop approx. 5 inches. (127mm)
On the left side of the steering stem there is a "half-moon" indentation that has been machined into the steering stem for the lock. Let steering stem drop until this indentation is in full view.
3. Use a scribe and remove lead plug.
4. Unscrew set screw
5. Insert key in lock and turn partially
6. Wiggle lock and pull until enough of the lock comes out to get a grip with pliers or other suitable tool.
7. Rotate steering stem slightly, while pulling on lock until lock is removed.
Posted on Apr 01, 2011
Posted on Apr 03, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2014 | 2002 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Aug 22, 2012 | Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy Motorcycles
Aug 23, 2011 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLSTC - FLSTCI...
May 19, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage...
Mar 06, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage...
Feb 06, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage...
Sep 10, 2009 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jun 13, 2009 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage...
Mar 24, 2009 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage...
569 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: