Question about 2001 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
2001 yamaha dragstar wont start battery good plenty fuel no spark checked basics wires connectors got 12 volt at coils getting 12 volt reading at ht lead ? anyone help cheers
Hi, Dobysclann and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
How to diagnose no spark situation on motorcycle
Yamaha XVS1100 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XVS1100 Owner Manual
Posted on May 24, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Hisense TL2020 LCD TV
You should check the 12 volts capacitors on your power supply for dry or leaky, bulging conditions.
Replacing those capacitors will restore the functionality of your TV.
Posted on May 15, 2008
SHAFT DRIVE SUB ASSY
SHAFT DRIVE SUB ASSY
Hi i just checked on stadium yamaha site and above is the SKU # for both, 98 and 03.... both the same so go for it
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
I ride one of these myself good old plodders,one of your ht caps is leaking so replace both spark plugs and caps that should cure it,keep it upright.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2014 | 1999 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
Apr 01, 2014 | 2007 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar Classic
Aug 27, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha XVS 125 Dragster
Dec 14, 2011 | 2001 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
Aug 05, 2011 | 2006 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar Classic
Oct 02, 2010 | 2001 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
Feb 16, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha XVS 650 Dragstar
Jul 29, 2009 | 2004 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar Classic
Mar 29, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: