Question about Honda Motorcycles
Have a Honda TMX 155 that has spark, fair compression, and fuel but won't start @
Hi, Usmcsnipera1 and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
17. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
18. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
19. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
20. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
21. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
22. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
23. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
24. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
25. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Honda TMX 155 hard start problem
Troubleshooting No Start Honda Motorcycle
Honda tmx 155 motorcycle manual pdf
honda tmx 155 owners manual pdf Google Search
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Feb 02, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Timing for Honda TMX 155.
I have twou TMX155 pero di naman masyadong nagiging problema ang Timing madali lang yan kung bago ang spark plug mo your not required to udjust it anymore kasi standard na po iyon, better chek the contactpoit kung sakto po sa kompresion stoke dapat po mga 15degrees po befor the top dedcenter compresion stroke nag start na po bumukas yung contact point, or 30 degrees befor top ded center dumidikit na po yung camlobe sa contactpoit arm yunpong camlobe yunpo yung nandun sa magneto na natatangal minsan yung may spring makikita nyo po yung isang side ng outside surface e mas mataas kesa dunsa kabila allways put the camlobe inline w/ the keyway po yung kunya yung parang half moon, pag ganon po ang alighnement ay walang problema, then balik po sa contact point timing kung tama din po yung timing, at nag luluko parin dapat po check nyo na yung ignition coil baka po damage na pag malamig pa ok pero po pag uminit na nagbabago napo yung delivery ng koryente so it should be replaced na, pag po ang TMX ay gamit na gamit sa tricycle after 6 years po ang advice kopo palitan po ang ignition coil, carburador at yung camlobe, para po maiwasan na palaging nagluluko kasi po wornout na po iyung mga pyesa, yung carburador pag 6 years na naka trycicle matakaw na po sa gasulina maski palitan pa ng karayum at dinarin po bumababa ang minor, yun naman pong camlobe ay masyado napng mababa kya mahirap na pong makuha yung accurate timing, yun namang ignition coil ay mahina na ang deliver ng koryente. ibang mechanick dinila inaadvice ito kasi ayaw nila gumastos ang costomer pero mas makakatipid kayo dito kesa pabalik balik sa mekaniko. yunpong makina as long na inaalagaan po ninyo sa langis dipo agad masisira yan at aslong na di anaabuso yung sobrang tulin sobrang bigat ng hatak aabot po yan ng 8 to 9 years bago mag overhoul. tnk's (ashley mercado)
Posted on Apr 30, 2010
One additional question: any fault code or check engine light turn on? If you have the check engine light on, you have to check what the code
is in the computer. That will point you to where the problem lies (autozone will check the code for free).
You may have fuel pressure but are the fuel injectors firing? If the injectors aren't opening then all the fuel pressure won't help. If the injectors don't work you may have a problem with the main relay that controls the PGM-FI system.
Check the timing belt, if the timing belt is not broken and the base timing its good, then it has to be in the distributor. You need check for some electrical problem first (fuses, relays, wiring, ignition switch).
I would remove the distributor cap and crank the engine over. If the rotor does not turn, then you need to replace the timing belt. Keep in mind that timing belt must be replaced every 60000 kms. If the rotor turns then make sure you have spark to a spark plug. Run a compression test on each cylinder. The basics to run are compression, spark, fuel and timing.
Additionaly, its possible that you have some "inmobilizer system armed (theft deterrent or passlock)? Keep us updated.
Posted on Nov 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2018 | Honda Motorcycles
Nov 24, 2015 | Honda Motorcycles
Oct 24, 2014 | Honda Motorcycles
Oct 25, 2014 | Honda Motorcycles
Jun 25, 2014 | Honda Motorcycles
May 14, 2014 | Honda Motorcycles
Jan 22, 2014 | Honda Motorcycles
Nov 08, 2013 | Honda Motorcycles
Aug 14, 2011 | Honda Motorcycles
May 30, 2011 | Honda Motorcycles
167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!