Question about kawasaki GPX 750 R Motorcycles
Front axle = 80 ft/lb
Front axle clamp bolt = 15 ft/lb
Front axle caliper mounting bolts = 25 ft/lb
Front Wheel Removal:
1. While the bike is still on the rear stand (but before putting it on the front stand), loosen the front axle clamp bolt with a 6mm hex bit. You do not need to remove it fully, just be sure it's loose.
2. Using the 14mm hex bit, loosen the front axle bolt. A breaker bar makes this step easier. Once it is loose you can go ahead and place the motorcycle on the front stand.
3. Using the 12mm socket, remove the front brake caliper mounting bolts. Once you have the brake off of the rotor, replace the bolts back in the caliper to prevent losing them. Hang the brake using cable ties or twine. BE SURE NOT TO PUSH THE BRAKE PEDAL! This will compress the brake pads and make it difficult to re-install. Repeat the process for the other side.
4. Once the brakes are tied off out of the way, finish removing the front axle bolt. It's helpful to use some wood to support the wheel while removing the axle bolt. Be sure to note the spacers on the wheel between the forks and the wheel. Remove them so they don't get lost. These will need to be greased before reinstalling.
5. Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to replace the calipers and torque them to 25 ft/lb. Once the front axle bolt has been torqued to 80 ft/lb, be sure to drop the front to the ground and bounce the front forks 4-5 times. This will seat the forks on the axle. Then you can tighten the front axle clamp bolt to 15 ft/lb.
Posted on Mar 26, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2013 | 2006 kawasaki KLX 250
Apr 15, 2012 | kawasaki Motorcycles
Sep 17, 2011 | 2009 kawasaki VN 1700 Voyager
Jan 30, 2011 | kawasaki ZX-6R Motorcycles
Jul 03, 2010 | 2000 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic...
May 13, 2010 | Quinny Buzz Three Wheel Stroller
Feb 03, 2010 | 1995 kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja
Dec 08, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Malibu
Sep 09, 2009 | 2003 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
398 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: