Question about 1987 Honda VF 750 C Super magna
1983 Honda Magna v45 misfires at 2000 revs when riding also if I hold I revs at 2000 when standing still the rev counter flickers goes down and returns up again feels like electrical fault someone told me the rev counter is in series with one ignition coil and could be faulty coils have been replaced any thoughts thanks @
Hi, Mikewearn and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system.
12. Carburetor contaminated, sticky float, plugged jets.
13. Carburetor vacuum diaphragm torn, cracked, not seated or installed improperly.
14. Multiple carburetors out of sync.
15. Fuel filter clogged.
16. Old or contaminated fuel.
17. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carb vent line closed off.
18. Gas cap diaphragm valve faulty.
19. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
20. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
21. Incorrect valve timing.
22. Valve springs floating, weak, or broken.
23. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
24. Incompatible performance parts.
25. Control module may be in "LIMP" mode
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
1984 V45 Sabre just bought has misfire
Testing Honda Coils and CDI boxes
Honda Magna VF750C Service Manual
Honda VF750C Owner Manual
Posted on Feb 02, 2018
Make sure the plugs also has been changed if it is ok then check the fuel injector or fuel punt and filter if you have new coil,new injector or pump and new filter it should work fine
Posted on Feb 03, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Honda Civic 2002 1.7
Check all the wires. Especiality the ground wire.
And grounds mounted on the intake.
Normally when no codes are present, Is a lost of electrical power.
Posted on Jul 01, 2008
been told its something to do with the fuel sender in the tank. i think a wire come adrift, hope this helps, Uni. From Unitracmotorcycles.
Posted on May 22, 2009
SOURCE: Honda V45 magna won't turn over
if the starter is jammed, you can probably get it up on the center stand put it in top gear and **** the rear wheel back and fourth. that may do it. or jumping the starter itself may do it.
Posted on May 28, 2009
i had a similar problem on a suzuki gs250t custom, my bike would not start some times and if did start, would run erratically, and cut out, this was after i changed the spark plugs, found out that the supplier gave me the incorrect graded plugs.
Posted on Jun 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2012 | 1994 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Apr 10, 2011 | 1995 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Nov 22, 2010 | 1993 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Apr 09, 2010 | 1994 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Oct 02, 2009 | 2002 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Apr 16, 2009 | Honda V-Twin Magna Motorcycles
Apr 16, 2009 | 1982 Honda VF 750 S
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: