Question about Honda Steed Motorcycles
Hi, how is your spark plug condition, is it in primo condition?
Most spark plugs are resistor types, so when they are not working it just died.
One way I find is good indicator is, now you know that one is firing and one is not, right?.
1.Take one spark plug out at a time, clean them make sure that their anode are clean from soot and oil, it is not wet by unburned fule droplets.gap the plugs to factory recommended gap..
2. Write a "1" on the first one you took out then mark "2" on the second one.
3. Switch them around and see if the one that earlier didnot want to fire will work in the new position.
4. How to tell which works or not. You know which one works in the beginning when you started the bike before you gap and cleaned it. Keep the exhaust pipe from that working cylinder in mind.
5. After you cleand and gap it properly you swith their location and now check which exhaust pipe cylinder got hot.
6. If the same exhaust cylinder got hot as in the begining then your coil is not giving electrical pulses to fire the spark plug.
7. If it heats up the dead exhaust pipe then you spark plug needs replacing, and do replace both of them together..
8. Now to tackle your carb, you had done a very thorough clean up in you carb, meaning, ensuring your carb float level is correct, the main and idle jet needles are clean from gunks, no air leaks in your bowl diaphragm. Your fuel flows correctly without obstruction from the tank meaning the fuel flow tap is wide open .
9. Your battery state is fully charged.
10. With all that, you should have no problem.
Cheers. Don't forget to mark this advise.
Posted on Mar 26, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2018 | Garden
Jan 18, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 18, 2012 | Mtd Garden Tiller (Mtd)
Jun 27, 2011 | 1994 Honda VT 1100 C Shadow
Jun 08, 2010 | Yard Machines 24a 452g729 5.5 Hp Chipper...
Mar 21, 2009 | 2004 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
Jan 30, 2009 | 1992 Honda CBR 600 F(2)N
Jan 17, 2009 | Karcher G3025OH Pressure Washer
176 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: