Question about 2007 BMW K 1200 GT
Hi, Michael_auty the following applies to carbureted also fuel injected models and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, 9 volts or lower.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, O2, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. . Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
10. Fuel tank empty.
11. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
12. A faulty Fuel Pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
13. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
14. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice a day.
2008 K1200gt just dead Bikes com Excellence in Motion
Bmw K1200 RS GT REPAIR MANUAL
BMW Motorcycle Parts Fiche OEM BMW Motorcycle Parts online 1970 present BMW http://www.k100.biz/pdf/UM/K1200GT_2007_UM_en.pdf
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Dec 21, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if the clutch burned out it must have been slipping causing lots of heat inside were the starter is, all this extra heat wont do the starter any good at all, if its still under warrantee get it back as its clearly not right,, not at all like bmw?
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks this is what I suspected"
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 27, 2012 | 2008 Yamaha Raider
Feb 15, 2018 | 1993 Triumph Trident 900
Apr 06, 2012 | 2007 BMW K 1200 GT
Nov 22, 2011 | 2007 BMW K 1200 GT
May 11, 2010 | 2008 BMW K 1200 GT
Feb 02, 2010 | 2008 BMW K 1200 GT
Oct 29, 2009 | 2003 BMW K 1200 GT
Sep 13, 2009 | 2007 BMW K 1200 GT
Jul 09, 2018 | Motorcycles
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: