Question about 2000 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
Hi, Sportbkr2 and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a "LOAD" test "WARNING" you can have 12.5 volts or better but little or zero amps and the battery must be replaced.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage check for spark leakage in the dark.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Re Backfire Popping Sputtering HELP Road Star Forum Yamaha Road Star
rough idle backfire through intake
Yamaha XV16AL Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha Road Star XV16AMC Owner Manual
Posted on Mar 30, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
it's not that your not gettin gas it's that the gas is not getting thru the carbs to the engine. your bike will probably start w/choke on and then die, your jets are clogged and happens to most bikes that are stored w/gas in the carbs.,,,clean them if you know how or take it to a trusted mech...good luck to you...Tim
Posted on Jun 06, 2009
it is possible that th eplugs might be fouled but it seems unlikely after only two weeks running-my fzr would foul plugs but it usually takes months not weeks-also the engine would start but run on2 or 3 cyls. I found using one heat range hotter than standard plugs helped,esp. around town you seem to have been fairly methodical on your troubleshooting-if you have fuel and spark the next thing to check is comp. -if the plugs are wet it is likely fuel not oil-when I first bought mine it had sat over winter and would not start -it turned out that the valve clearances had closed up enough that it was low on comp. when ridden frequently it was ok but as soon as the oil had drained off the cyl walls it would not start-squirting oil in the cyls. would get it started but I pulled the cams and set valves to solve problem-starts ok now but I don't use the choke-you could lift the cover and check your valve clearances -it would be a good idea on a bike that you just bought-don't give up -be methodical and check one thing at a time-when you get it going it will be worht it
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
It sounds to me that your carbs might be a little gunked up - you mentioned the gas may have been old, so it's possible that the smaller (idle) jets are slightly plugged up. Fresh fuel might do the trick and/or you could try using a fuel system cleaner and water remover. This problem might 'solve itself' with a little time.
As far as the backfire - this might be either from the carb issue or it could be related to that rattle you mentioned - you could have a loose connection at or near the head - this can **** air and cause a backfire.
I hope this helped!
Posted on Jun 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2014 | 2000 Yamaha XV 1600 Wild Star
Oct 19, 2012 | 2005 Yamaha V Star 1100 Silverado
Feb 01, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Sep 29, 2011 | 2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
Jul 11, 2010 | 2006 Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado
Mar 14, 2010 | Yamaha Road Star Silverado Motorcycles
Feb 10, 2010 | 2000 Yamaha XV 1600 Wild Star
Jun 06, 2009 | 2005 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Mar 15, 2009 | 2005 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
Mar 29, 2013 | 2008 Yamaha TTR230
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: