Question about 1996 kawasaki VN 800 A Vulcan
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
same way you do on a car. remove the wheel, take the caliper unit off and replace the pads.
1) Put the bike on a milk crate or a bike jack stand
2) Take off the front wheel, the axle comes off like a large bolt
3) Remove the caliper unit from the disc, probably allen wrenches will be needed or at least metric wrenches
4) The pads will come out with a little of force and removing the retaining springs. Take note of how the springs are attached to the pads and caliper unit. You will have to re-assemble the caliper and pads and springs
5) use a C-Clamp to push the piston back into the caliper unit. After you get the caliper unit off of the bike you'll see what I mean. Probably a 6" c-Clamp will work
6) Check the disc for wear and tear. You might have to replace the disc.
7) put new pads into the caliper and attach springs. Take your time, putting the pad springs back on may be tougher than you think.
8) reassemble the caliper and the disc.
9) Put the wheel back on and squeeze the brake. Remember you used a c-clamp to push the piston all the way back into the caliper unit. Squeezing the brake will force the piston out and push the pads against the disc.
10) Time to TEST DRIVE the bike. Go slow and check for wobble or uneven braking. If needed retighten the caliper unit, just don't over tighten the caliper and strip the threads.
Hope this helps....
Posted on Dec 22, 2009
If the clip has a slot in it then it fits in the caliper where the ends of the pads fit.
If not & it has a sprung tab then it fits in the caliper where the top of the pads fit
Hope this helps.
(If it does then please mark this as 'useful')
Posted on Jan 29, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks sorted i think i just needed reassuring ta."
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2014 | 2004 Harley Davidson XL 883 Sportster
Nov 22, 2011 | 2003 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
Apr 12, 2011 | Volkswagen Polo Cars & Trucks
Dec 18, 2010 | 2006 Cadillac STS
Sep 30, 2010 | Audi A6 Cars & Trucks
Sep 23, 2010 | 2003 Toyota 4Runner
Aug 20, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 25, 2010 | 2003 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Feb 14, 2010 | 2006 Audi A3
Nov 10, 2008 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLHT - FLHTI Electra...
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: