Question about Ducati ST 2 Motorcycles
Hi, Ducatial and the usual suspects are:
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Bank angle sensor tripped and ignition/light key switch not cycled to the "OFF" position and then back to the "ON" position.
5. Faulty starter button/switch.
6. Faulty jiffy stand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
7. Security alarm needs a reset.
8. Starter control circuit, relay, or solenoid faulty.
9. Electric starter shaft pinion gear is not engaging or over-running starter clutch slipping.
For more information about your issue and valuable free downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Newbie ST2 will not start Ducati ms The Ultimate Ducati Forum
ducati st2 battery
Free Ducati Motorcycle Service Manuals for download
Posted on Feb 14, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The dashboard comes off 1st.All allen keys.They do have tags that fit into place so don't force it.Then its just a case of removing the bolts that hold the fairing all around.Its a bit fiddly but it does all come apart.Being nylocs the screws need to be held at both ends.When you put it back together,do not overtighten.It cracks the paint.Hope this helps
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
Yeh.I had to replace mine also.The rectifier is sort of behind the headlight,near the steering head.While the fairing is off,get the battery checked.I took off both sides of the fairings because I wanted to give everything a check over.Hope this helps
Posted on Apr 06, 2010
Testimonial: "very helpful t u"
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2014 | 1998 Ducati ST 2
Jun 04, 2014 | 2010 Ducati Monster 696 ABS
May 17, 2014 | 2001 Ducati 900 SS i.e. N-C
Apr 29, 2014 | 2003 Ducati ST 2
Jan 12, 2013 | Ducati Motorcycles
Jul 02, 2012 | Ducati Motorcycles
Jun 12, 2012 | 2002 Ducati ST 2
Jan 22, 2012 | Ducati ST 2 Motorcycles
Mar 13, 2011 | Ducati ST 2 Motorcycles
Nov 10, 2008 | 2003 Ducati ST 2
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: