Question about Aprilia Atlantic 500 Motorcycles
Hi, Bandytrev and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking.
3. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
7. Intake air leak.
8. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor.
12. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, O2, and/or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice a day.
DOWNLOAD Aprilia Atlantic 500
Posted on Oct 26, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: APRILIA ATLANTIC 125 top speed?
Manufacturer: Aprilia (Italy) UK Importer: AWS (Aprilia World Service) Engine: 124cc 4-stroke automatic Cooling: Liquid Top Speed: 55 mph Wheels (F): 110/90x13 Wheels (R): 130/70x13 Brakes (F): Twin Disc Brakes (R): Disc Fuel Capacity: 10.5 litres Seat Height: 770 mm Colour Options: Blue Grey White or Green Insurance Group: TBC The Atlantic 125 shares name and similar design cues with its 500cc brother, but is a different beast. Powered by a Piaggio Leader motor the down scaled scoot looks cuter than the original, space under the seat for one and half lids, adjustable pre-load rear suspension, and three linked disc brakes for stability. ,,,
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
SOURCE: engine cuts out
It sounds like something is preventing the bike from getting fuel. Check fuel filter, fuel tank vent, air filter too. If you have vacuum building up in the tank, letting the bike sit for a few minutes slowly releases that vacuum allowing the pump to pull fuel easily again for a bit. Next time the bike quits open your fuel tank. If you hear a whoosh of air being sucked in look for a plugged vent line. A plugged air filter can have a similar effect but the only way to check that is change the air filter or look at the one you have. It would have to be really, really dirty or plugged with some debris to cause this problem.
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
has any work been carried out recently?, maybe a wire is touch the metal frame. the charging system could be over charging, have the voltage regulator & charging system checked so many possiblities ..
Posted on Oct 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2017 | 2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Feb 07, 2017 | 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500
May 04, 2016 | Aprilia Motorcycles
Jun 27, 2015 | 2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Jun 15, 2015 | 2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Jan 07, 2015 | 2005 Aprilia Atlantic 500 Sprint
Jun 23, 2014 | 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Nov 01, 2013 | 2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500
Jul 30, 2012 | 2002 Aprilia Atlantic 500
May 29, 2017 | 2007 Aprilia Atlantic 500 Sprint
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: