Question about 2003 Aprilia RS 125
Hi, Stretch80339 the best way to charge a battery is slowly. I like to use this analogy, would you rather be awakened from a deep sleep with gentle nudging or a violent kick in the rear.
1. Remove battery and check for corroded or damaged terminals clean any dirt, corrosion or electrolyte that is on top of the battery as this will cause premature battery drain, inspect for cracks and swollen/expanded sides which are a sign of overheating and replacement should be seriously considered.
2. Acid plate type batteries should be checked with a hydrometer with recorded readings for each cell to be compared with after charging readings and for sulfation, the cell will appear milky, and incorrect acid level. Fill low levels with distilled water to upper level and remove acid from over filled cells with hydrometer until the level is at upper mark and dispose of acid in the sink mixed with a quart/litre of water.
3. Connect a voltmeter set on the DC scale to the battery and record the reading for comparison after charging.
4. Attach a drain hose that is not pinched, kinked, or plugged to the nipple on acid plate type batteries and let the other end hang into a plastic or styrofoam cup.
5. Connect a 1-2 amp trickle charger that has automatic charge rate reduction if possible and let charge for 24 hours.
6. After charging recheck each cell with a hydrometer a 100% fully charged cell will have a specific gravity reading of 1.270-1.280 and 1.180-1.190 has only a 25% charge battery should be load tested and considered for replacement if necessary. Reconnect your voltmeter and
any readings in the 10-volt range means you have a dead cell and the battery needs to be replaced. Readings between any 2 cells of 50 points or more indicate the battery has failed and needs to be replaced.
7. No maintenance AGM or GEL batteries need to have a voltmeter reading of 12.8-13 volts for a full 100% charge and 12.2 volts is only a 25% charge and should be load tested and replaced if necessary.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below, and for specific information or questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Good luck and have nice a day.
Posted on Oct 28, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you dont say what age the bike is.. if its the carb model check the choke cable/linkage is working correctly. its more likely a block air filter though..
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
Today is your lucky day. Go to the website below and you can download a free service manual and a free parts diagram for your bike. Now you can find the plug and a whole lot more.
http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp Most manuals are in English but some are not. There is no way to be sure without doing the download. You can always delete it if in a foreign language.
Top rating for this answer! Thanks Tommy.
Posted on May 06, 2009
well thats the battery i guess its not turning the engine over fast enough for it to fire also try bumping it in 2-3 gear if it starts you know ya problem battery if it still doesnt go get back to me buddy
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
SOURCE: aprilla 125 extrema 1993
hi there i need help cant think of anything else i have an rs 125 it a 1994 extrema its been great but in top gear the power blade doesnt open but it wants to, in all gears its great just top gear
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2014 | 2000 Aprilia RS 125
Feb 07, 2013 | Aprilia RS 125 Motorcycles
Oct 24, 2010 | 1999 Aprilia RS 125 Extrema
Apr 07, 2010 | 2001 Aprilia RS 125
Apr 06, 2010 | 1998 Aprilia RS 125 Extrema
Mar 10, 2010 | 2003 Aprilia RS 125
Dec 27, 2009 | 2007 Aprilia RS 125
Sep 09, 2009 | 2000 Aprilia RS 125
Nov 10, 2008 | 1998 Aprilia RS 125 Extrema
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: