Question about 2005 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Price is around 2000 British £. no real issues with the bike except it doesn't have very good mid-range
· R6 based, 599cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, slant block inline four powerplant. Virtually all the internal engine components are R6 spec including crankshaft, con rods, valve sizes, bore & stroke etc.
· The difference between the R6 and the FZ6 engine is the camshafts have revised cam profiles and slightly different intake tracts for more low to mid range power.
· One-piece cylinder and upper crankcase assembly provides superior rigidity.
· Compact slant-block engine uses stacked gearbox shafts to create a shorter engine for optimum in placement in the frame for a balanced weight distribution.
· "Liner-less" cylinder has special ceramic composite plating applied directly to the aluminum cylinder for greater heat dissipation, reduced frictional losses and reduced oil consumption.
· 6-speed transmission has been optimized to accommodate the engine character of the FZ6. The secondary reduction ratio is 46/16 (Vs. a reduction ratio of 48/16 for the R6).
· "Group-Type" 36mm throttle body fuel injection provides outstanding throttle response and excellent fuel economy. This system uses fewer sensors (5) than the R6 (7) while also being lighter and more compact.
· Group fuel injection divides the four cylinders into two groups (1 & 4 and 2 & 3) with two injections of fuel for every 720 degrees of crank rotation (the R6 system utilizes a sequential injection for each cylinder).
· Compact "high dynamic range" injectors use 4 jet / 2-direction spray type injectors. A high powered 32 bit CPU controls the injection process.
· Progressive type throttle pulley and direct coupler type TPS (throttle position sensor) provides easy throttle control without the annoyance of FI surging.
· 6.3 litre airbox is "optimized" to take full advantage of the R1 inspired downdraft intake system.
· Air Induction System (AIS) reduces hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide (HC & CO) emissions.
· 4 into 2 into 1 into 2 stainless steel exhaust system features a stylish under seat muffler that is a one piece design unit with dual outlets. A special resin cover protects the muffler and keeps hot components away from the rider and passenger.
· A special connecting pipe joins the header pipes between cylinders #2 and #3 pipes to provide outstanding low to mid range torque.
· The exhaust system uses a catalytic converter to reduce harmful emissions such as CO, HC, CO2 and NOx into less harmful by products. The result is very clean running engine that easily surpasses the new EU2 European emission standards.
· High capacity radiator with ring-type cooling fan insures maximum cooling efficiency.
· Liquid cooled oil cooler maintains consistent oil temperatures for extended engine and lubricant life.
· R6 based clutch assembly is utilized but the clutch boss, spring rate and friction plates are specially designed for the FZ6.
· Maintenance-free transistor controlled digital ignition ensures fast starts and optimum engine performance.
· High tech, C.F. (controlled filling) die cast twin spar main frame is used. There are no welding points on this frame, since it bolts together. A rigid type engine mounting system is used.
· Detachable steel rear sub frame provides easy access to the rear shock and reduces costs in the event of a loop-out.
· Extra long extruded box section aluminum swingarm has been specially designed to match the rear suspension, providing maximum rear wheel traction.
· "Link-less" rear suspension means the rear shock mounts directly to the frame and swingarm without the use of linkages. The rear suspension system has been designed to provide a rising rate feeling without the additional weight of linkage arms and pivot points. The shock features 7 steps of spring pre-load adjustability.
· 43mm cartridge style forks provide great handling and excellent ride comfort. Plastic protectors help prevent tube damage due to stone chips.
· Dual 298mm front floating disc brakes are squeezed by 2-piston, slide pin-type calipers. A "Trifurcate type" front brake hose reduces weight (Trifurcate type brake hose means there is one brake hose from the master cylinder and it splits at the front fender area and crosses over to the second caliper).
· 245mm rear disc brake with Nissin single piston caliper.
· European inspired ½ cowl offers good wind and weather protection. This unique cowl features a special metallic look plastic material that is not painted, the colour is right in the plastic. An inner panel around the instrument area provides a clean, quality image for the cockpit.
· Stylish 19.4 liter (4.3 Imp. gal.) fuel tank (3.6 liters is the reserve portion) features an in-tank electronic fuel pump.
· Lightweight R6 style, 5-spoke mag wheels fitted with Z rated radial tires reduce unsprung weight for incredible handling performance.
· One-piece seat design offers excellent comfort. Its dimpled design provides additional grip.
· Integrated one piece speedo and tachometer assembly. Both speedo and tach are LCD design. Other functions include odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel tripmeter, clock, fuel meter and water temperature as well as a selection of warning lights.
· R1 inspired dual "cat eye" halogen headlights (Note: Only one headlight - RHS- lights on low beam. Both lights light on high beam)
· Convenient passenger grab rails.
· Inner rear fender reduces splash and provides that sporty appearance.
· 5-position adjustable front brake lever.
· Rider footrest brackets are rubber mounted to reduce vibration.
· Convenient center stand.
· Heavy duty "O" ring chain
· Low maintenance sealed 12 amp hour battery.
LCD two-color instrument display with integrated bar-type tachometer on the left, and numerical speedometer in the center- also two tripmeters, clock, fuel, intake air temperature and water temperature gauges and usual indicator lights.
120/70-ZR17 and 180/55-ZR17 radial tires complement the FZ6's modern look, and its increased torque and great handling fully exploit the superb grip they provide.
Large windscreen provides good protection and minimal noise; anti-reversion panels on each side of the lower fairing reduce turbulence.
Dual 12V 60/55-watt multireflector headlight gives a sleek, R1-type profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
Completely unique, CAD-drawn fuel tank meets the needs of style, handlebar clearance and tactile feel in one beautiful package crafted from high-stretch titanium-rich alloy.
Sporty taillight design reduces both weight and size while providing excellent visibility.
Centerstand for easier maintenance.
Standard toolkit and U-lock storage under the seat.
Posted on Jan 05, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2017 | 1998 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
Apr 18, 2017 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Oct 15, 2014 | 2012 Yamaha FZ 1
May 01, 2014 | 2003 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
Jul 15, 2012 | 1998 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
Jul 08, 2012 | 2002 Yamaha FZS 1000 Fazer
Apr 29, 2012 | 1991 Yamaha FZR 600
Apr 09, 2012 | 1999 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
Jan 11, 2011 | 2002 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
Jul 14, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha FZS 400 Fazer
Apr 25, 2018 | Motorcycles
Apr 25, 2018 | kawasaki VN 800 Vulcan Classic Motorcycles
292 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: