Question about 2004 Yamaha YZ 250 F
Hi, Dans04gt and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or have an improper gap or are partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition.
3. Battery nearly discharged, should have 12.5 volts.
4. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Throttle controls not adjusted correctly.
6. Water or dirt in the fuel system.
7. Water or dirt in the carburetor.
8. Intake air leak.
9. Fuel tank vent hose and vapor valve plugged, or fuel line closed off, restricting fuel flow.
10. Enricher valve inoperative.
11. Engine lubricant to heavy (winter operation).
12. Ignition is not functioning properly (possible sensor failure).
13. Faulty ignition coil.
14. Valves sticking.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Dirt Rider Magazine
04 yz250f wont start when hot WR YZ 250F
YAMAHA YZ250F Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Aug 01, 2016
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You may be having trouble with a sticking intake valve. Remove the valve cover and spray some WD-40 onto the valve and spring. Try to operate the valve with your fingers to work it loose. Once the engine starts running, it should improve. You may need to change the oil. Good luck.
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
SOURCE: i have a yamaha yz 250f 2006
if the bike push starts, i assume it runs good,
if the kick does not turn motor over, there is a spring clip that engages the kick gear that may be broken or misplaced
if the kick start turns the motor over, you have to use decomp to get just past TDC then kick
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
Testimonial: "thanks very much for help "
SOURCE: will not start
Make sure the carb is clean as the fuel gets old sitting in the bowl, and i have heard of a few of these,doing the same that need the valves adjusted, just dont ask how this can happen while it it sitting in the shed
Posted on May 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2014 | 2013 kawasaki KX 250F
Nov 11, 2014 | kawasaki KX 250 F Motorcycles
May 08, 2014 | 2006 Yamaha yZ 250
Jan 30, 2014 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 250 F
Dec 28, 2013 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 250 F
Aug 19, 2013 | Yamaha YZ 250 F Motorcycles
Dec 05, 2012 | 2006 Yamaha yZ 450 F
May 22, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 250 F
Apr 25, 2012 | Yamaha YZ 250 F Motorcycles
Mar 17, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 250 F
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: