Question about Harley Davidson FLHT - FLHTI Electra Glide Standard Motorcycles

1 Answer

I found a Harley in a barn the only numbers i can find are on the crank case of the motor it looks like BBKB031759. Can you tell me what year the bike is

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 134 Answers

Near as I can tell, you have an 81 Big Twin.

Posted on Nov 13, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Serial numbers lookup

Aug 16, 2014 | Boating

1 Answer

Small Block Chevy Rear casting number 3970010 and front casting numbers 1416454889 K01-09-CMF Can anyone tell me what size motor is this and what year it is?

I can't tell you the year but the rear casting number 3970010 is usually a 350cid. Year range 1969- 1985. I if you will run the VIN # found on a pad at the front of the pass. side of the block just in front of the cylinder head it will tell you the info your looking for.

May 28, 2012 | Engines & Components for Chevrolet Chevy

1 Answer

Can u tell me what transmission gears from other years I can use on 1988 harley 1200 sportser (capj115646)

You need a Harley-Davidson parts book, other parts books will probably not tell you this information. Look at the gear(s) that you want to know about. There will be a part number for the part. It will be a five digit number followed by a two digit number. The last two digit number indicates the year that this part was first introduced. The book will also tell you what year models that it fits. I'm sorry but I don't have a parts book for that year model. Ironhead Sportsters only.

Good Luck

Sep 07, 2011 | Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster Custom...

1 Answer

Won't start, after 2 years in barn. Can you help

Ensure the battery is fully charged and the solenoid is activating and passing current allowing the starter motor to crank the engine. After that its down to either no spark or fuel starvation. Have a look at these tips for starting lawnmowers:

Aug 19, 2011 | Garden

1 Answer

Are there any way to identify on the 2007 ROAD KING POLICE MODEL That will tell you if it is a 103ci? maybe on the motor or other!

Yes, it's called a VIN number. The VIN number will tell you everything about the bike. I think the seventh digit is the "engine size" designator. You'll need a book that tells you how to read the VIN numbers on a Harley for that year. I would just tell you but I don't have a book that is that "late".

Oct 07, 2009 | 2008 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide

1 Answer

I have an 86' KX 500 basket case with side-side play on crank.

To be honest if this was me I personally would replace bearings and seals and give whole engine good check over.May save some hassle later depending on your circumstances.

Jul 27, 2009 | 2002 kawasaki KX 500

1 Answer

How do i know if i have a cv carb motor.

By the year, which in this case is 2000. The factory stopped using the butterfly type on Sportsters somewhere around 1988 I think. But they are defitnely not on the 2000 unless someone has put it on. There also should be sticker on the side of the carby telling you it is a CV and what year. If all that fails take the air cleaner off and have a look down the carby, there should be a slide inside which you can lift upwards. This works of a vaccumn when the engine is running hence the constant velocity "CV"

Jan 24, 2009 | 2000 Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster...

3 Answers

Plastic piece for sliding side rail

I 100% agree that Pottery Barn Kids is terrible. Williams Sonoma (parent company) used to have top notch customer service and now it seems to be among the worst.

We had the exact same experience and got stonewalled by PBK.

Solution - Call the manufacturer. In the case of our crib (a 6 year old Dana model), it is made by Simmons Juvenile. It should say on your crib exactly who the manufacturer is and should also have the model number. Look for the stickers towards the bottom on the inside. Their website is They answered the phone immediately, and could not have been more helpful. Charged me $14 for parts that I needed.

I don't know that I will ever buy a product from PB again, but I certainly would from Simmons.

Jul 15, 2008 | Pottery Barn Kids Dana

2 Answers

ZB 33 and BB 33 BSA

No solution has been found yet.This is not for Harley Davidson but for BSA motorcycle.Only clarification is needed.Anybody with the answer will be appreciated.

Mar 24, 2008 | Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson Motorcycle...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Motorcycles Logo

Related Topics:

98 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Harley Davidson Experts

Arnie Burke
Arnie Burke

Level 3 Expert

4521 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4340 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76109 Answers

Are you a Harley Davidson Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides