Question about 2000 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King Classic

1 Answer

I have a 1998 Rod King Classic and i want to know how to chand the rich side forck cover. Thanks

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 4,565 Answers

If you're talking about changing the right side "Cow bell" that is the stainless cover about eight inches long just below the nachelle, you have to take the right side fork out. Take the front wheel, brakes, and fender off, remove the nachelle and loosen the bolts that hold the fork tube on. Slide the fork tube out of the triple trees. Then there are two bolts up inside the "cow bell" that hold it onto the lower triple tree.

Good Luck

Posted on Nov 10, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Speedometers guit working 2001 road king

Hi Anonymous, remove and clean speed sensor located on top of right side of transmission case, between transmission top cover and chrome starter end cap. Also check instrument fuse. Good luck

Feb 11, 2014 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...

1 Answer

2008 road king classic I have a tick sound on left side?

Does it sound like a chain noise, coming from the primary case?

In 2007, Harley changed the primary chain tension adjuster to an "automatic", spring loaded one, that doesn't work very well.

You can bolt in an older manual adjuster, BUT the area that USED to be an inspection/access cover on the outer primary cover is now a solid area, so you'd have to remove the outer primary cover everytime you adjust the primary chain.

There are some aftermarket "automatic" adjusters out on the market.

May 18, 2012 | 2008 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King...

1 Answer

I thought that my clutch cable broke on my 03 Road King Classic. After pulling the lever, the clutch is still engaged. I took the dipstick out of the side case and saw that the cable moved while pulling...

The only small lock ring that I can think of is the one that holds the throw out bearing on the end of teh clutch release rod. it's a vrery tiny O-ring, about an 1/8" indiameter. Everything is alright unless you pull your clutcth and you pull the clutch release rod out. Then you have to pull the other side of the transmission case to put the new bearing back and trhrust plae,

Good LUck

Feb 24, 2011 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...

1 Answer

How do I remove a gas tank from a 1998 road king classic

Hi Higgsje, for more information about your question please visit the website below. Good luck and have nice day.
Harley Davidson Manuals Mark Workshop

Jan 19, 2010 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...

Not finding what you are looking for?
2000 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King Classic Logo

308 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Harley Davidson Experts

Arnie Burke
Arnie Burke

Level 3 Expert

4521 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4340 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

Are you a Harley Davidson Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides