Question about 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6
Hi, Doublesnipe the following is a systematic procedure for diagnosing fuel pump issues designed to keep "DRACHMA" to a minimum. If you need parts check with Amazon and eBay first to keep costs down.
1. If your pump does not turn on check the pump fuse and relay and all wiring including connectors for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
1. Normal fuel pump pressure is 3-5 PSI.
2. Check any rubber or plastic tubing for age-related pinholes by removing and plugging the ends that connect to the fuel valve and then turn on the ignition switch and watch for fuel streams exiting the pinholes, if any exist, replace tubing as necessary.
3. Check for a clogged a primary fuel filter that comes off the bottom of the pump to screen out big rocks and clean as necessary.
4. Check for a clogged secondary fuel filter that's outside if applicable by removing it from the system and replace it with a short splicing tube turn on the ignition switch and recheck fuel pressure if pressure increases to normal pressure you need a new secondary filter.
5. If all the above check out OK and the pump is not functioning properly then you need a new fuel pump.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
2008 2009 Yamaha YZF R6 Service Manual R6 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Sep 27, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
maybe, now this is just a guess! but your starter shaft is just spinning and not engaging properly..check starter or solenoid to starter wire connections are that they are on solid, and no corrosion, measure bat volt!!!... should read 12.4v "minimum"! if not battery is either going bad or might need a charge...correct voltage reading should be 12.7v to 13volt.
Posted on May 16, 2010
SOURCE: yamaha R6 2008 model will
Hi have you let it run low on fuel ,,,it may of sucked some **** up the fuel line creating a blockage in the fuel line or injectors ect,, if its firing with a direct fuel source like you said putting it into the chamber yourself then its nowt serious and properly just a blockage,,,
hope this helps
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
SOURCE: 2008 yamaha r6 wont start i put in a new ignition now my fuel pump wont ingage and my neutral light wont come on for some reason my bike will not start or turn over what is wrong and how do i fix
Good Morning,. I found this for you.. worth a shot:
Posted on Nov 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2014 | 1999 Yamaha YZF-R6
Nov 10, 2011 | Yamaha YZF-R6 Motorcycles
Oct 30, 2011 | 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jun 26, 2011 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jan 09, 2010 | 2001 BMW 325
Jul 31, 2009 | Yamaha FZR 600 Motorcycles
870 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: