Question about 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1
Hi, Tom if your headlight is not working, keeps burning out, blinking, or is dim the first thing you need to check is the headlight bulb for damaged filaments then check your light circuit fuse, then check your head light bulb socket ground wire for a clean tight connection, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty ground or power supply wire to headlight bulb socket.
2. Worn down solder contacts or loose fit of the bulb base in the socket due to vibration.
3. Worn, chaffed, or broken wires in the light circuit.
4. Corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets in wire connectors.
5. Faulty hi/lo beam switch.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Fuse is good but no continuity on both sides.
8. Faulty wiring between battery positive and headlight bulb socket.
9. Weak charging alternator/generator.
10. Faulty voltage regulator/rectifier ground or overcharging.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Weird Headlight Problem
2004 2005 Yamaha YZF R1 Service Manual R1 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Sep 02, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2016 | 1991 Buick Park Avenue
Jan 21, 2014 | 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
Dec 06, 2011 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer
Mar 07, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Stratus
Apr 19, 2010 | 1982 Ford Ltd
Dec 19, 2009 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
May 17, 2009 | 2001 Volvo S80
Aug 25, 2008 | 2003 Buick Century
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: